Thursday 15 March 2018

Penguin Dreaming

Hello.  Welcome.  Middle of the month and I thought we could take a trip to middle earth where penguins dream, carving their stories into the walls of special underwater caves, and teaching their little penguins all about it.  Are you with me??  OK, here we go...


Squeeeeee!!  Penguin school!  Inspired by Playful Penguins and Rock Carving stamps from Rubber Dance and their colours this month that are lavender, black and grey.

I started with Colourcraft Aztec paints.  I used a mix of blue, pink and purple.  These babies glimmer and shimmer.


I put a big blob in the middle of a piece of glossy paper and used my finger to spread them around.  This was messy!  And a lot of fun!!  But there was still a lot of paint so I got another sheet of glossy paper, pressed it into the paint and pulled it off.  Still too much paint so I took another print.  So now I have three sheets of paper.  I picked the one I liked best.


I cut around the edge of my paint blob and then used Rubber Dance Rock Carvings, Versamark ink and metallic red Zing embossing powder, which I thought gave that authentic ocher look.  I adjusted the little man stamp by cutting a mask which included a beak.  To make my flock of penguins I stamped and embossed the little man, used an embossing pen to add a beak, embossed it, masked and repeated.  A flock of penguins!!!  They seem to be having a chat with other cave denizens!  I used black brilliance ink around the edge of the 'cave' to add a shadow.  


OK, background.  30 x 30cm Bazzill Blackberry paper, Fossilised Amber distress oxide and Memory Box Shine stencil.  


Foreground.  I stamped the ice flow stamps from Rubber Dance Playful Penguins and fussy cut the tops.  Then I masked the ice floes, rubbed purple, violet and sea green brusho's into the paper and spritzed with water.  


I put it all together and added some Playful Penguins.  I adjusted the angle of their heads and coloured them with Promarkers and distress inks.  So, there you have Penguin Dreaming.  Or maybe just mine........

Thanks for dropping by.  The Rubber Dance challenge run until the end of the month. You can use the colours and/or circles.  Don't forget to hop over and check out the rest of the inspiration from the team and if you are shopping at Rubber Dance you can get free worldwide shipping with my code GTFreeShip when you spend over €15!  Hugz

My penguins are joining the fun at


4 comments:

Sue said...

This is fabulous Gail, really unique xx

Ellibelle said...

This looks fantastic! Great design!
Thanks so much for sharing this month at my Crafty Wednesday challenge!
Ellie
"Ellibelle's Creative Moments"

Karen said...

Love your color selection those purples are great. Thanks for joining us at Mix Media Monthly!

Gemma Hynes said...

Love the colours, thank you for joining in the challenge on The Artistic Stampers blog.