Sunday 14 January 2018

A Bus Full Of Gingers

Hello.  Welcome.  I hope you are having a fun and crafty Sunday.  I have just spent some time paper piecing a bus load of gingers.  Usually I am not into very fiddly things but this was actually quite fun.  OK, it was a blast.  Check it out........


It's the Let It Snow express bus to Gingerbread Town.  


I started by making the bus. This is Memory Box Double Decker die cut from some snowflake patterned paper.  I added some silver pen to the wheels and the sign is a Rubber Dance stamp on shrink plastic.  The little gingers are Poppystamps Little Gingerbread Boy and Girl dies.  These are tiny, and their clothes are tiny, but what fun.  Many snippets used today.  And they fit perfectly in the bus!!  I used a black and white marker to add details.  I cut the cap for the driver from a tiny scrap.  

 
I made my background by embossing Stamploration Stitched Snow Hills dies on my card base and giving the top a watercolour wash of Stormy Sky distress ink.  Then I stamped the trees and tiny snowflakes using stamps from Power Poppy Action Santa set with Pine Needles and Stormy Sky distress ink.  I added some glitter glue to the hill at the bottom of the card.




Then I added my bus and Poppystamps Antique Lamppost cut from blue card and a shrink plastic sign with a sentiment from the Power Poppy Action Santa set.  All aboard....

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

Joining the fun at
Memory Box Challenge 32 - Snow and Winter 
Poppy Stamps Challenge #40 - Snow Day 
Power and Spark - Grab a Map 
Stamplorations Cutplorations Challenge 
Stamplorations January Theme Challenge - Stamps and Curves 
Scrapy Land Challenge 81


 

6 comments:

Jane said...

Hi Gail, I'm here with my STAMPlorations hat on this time! What a super sweet bus you made, I love those gingerbread men. Thanks so much for joining our theme and sketch challenge for January over at STAMPlorations xx

pam said...

Fantastic scene you created, great idea for your using the bus and cute Gingerbread Boy/Girl.

Thank you for joining us over on Poppystamps Challenge blog.
Pam x

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Squeal!!!! This is just too cute!

TLady said...

SUPER CUTE! I can see that you had a BLAST making this!!! Such attention to detail is magical on a piece like this! WHAT A TREAT FOR US!!! ;)

Ina G said...

Fabulous snowy background and I feel like eating all those gingerbread but they look too happy. What a brilliant idea to use the bus. Love it Gail. thanks so much for sharing this beauty with us at CUTplorations for our January Challenge.

cm said...

A busload of gingerbreads! Oh my stars...delightful, charming and cute beyond words! So thrilled to see you in the STAMPlorations CUTporations Challenge gallery!
~carol