Thursday 7 December 2017

Blessings From Blogland

Hello.  Welcome.  Todays card is courtesy of Winnie and Walter and Hobbygarasjen.  I have been a very lucky lady and won a gift card at both these places in October.  Today Mr Postman brought much happy mail.  I am blessed.  I used my giftcard at Hobbygarasjen to get a couple of distress oxides, which I have been wanting for ages.  Now I have Salty Ocean and Fossilized Amber distress ox, and, of course, after 20 seconds, I realised I need them all!!!!!  Santa, oh Santa, where are you..........


I used W&W The Peppermint Zone mini stamp and Salty Ocean distress ox on pale blue card and cut it with a stitched rectangle die.  Then I layered the W&W Thanks die lots!!!  If you know me, you will know I am a simple type of gal, but tonight I had a bit of a layers fest.  I cut the thanks from brown glitter card, twice from cream card to give a highlight and then three times from dark blue to give a shadow.  It does give it masses of dimension in the real.  Then I added a blue glitter layer, a dark blue layer, a pale grey layer and used a dark blue card base, as an opportunity to try the distress ox on dark card and wow!  Love!!  I used W&W mini Marbleize stamp with the Salty Ocean distress ox and I love it.  It does go all around the card base but the light has faded it out in my photo so you will have to extrapolate....

Thanks for dropping by and thanks again to Winnie & Walter and Hobbygarasjen.  Hugz

Joining the fun at
Winnie & Walter November Color Combo
Allsorts Challenge Week 444 - Thank You
Word Art Wednesday Challenge #312/#313 - Anything Goes
Repeat Impressions DCC126 - Glitter
Crop Stop Challenge Link Party 34



5 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

Oh I know - I "need" all the oxides too, but I'm collecting slowly! (smile)
So happy you linked this lovely card up to both the Glitter challenge on The House That Stamps Built and the Anything Goes challenge on Cropstop!
Hope you'll join us again at both places!

brenda said...

Many thanks for joining us at Allsorts challenge and sharing your lovely creation.

B x

Mervi said...

Fabulous card!
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

Kay Wallace said...

Another great card, Gail! I know what you mean about oxides! lol

Heather said...

Very fun!! I love how the thanks pops both out of the peppermint swirl and (literally) right off the card with all that dimension! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.