Wednesday 10 May 2017

Hi Frank, Great Hair

Hello.  Welcome.  Murphy Nan reminded me it's Half-O.Ween.  That's halfway to that most wonderful time of the year...........Halloween.  So since Mr Mojo has returned with the rain, and there was this so lovely Frank die I just had to have.......



I cut a piece of Prima patterned paper, it had pink stripes on pale yellow with grey text, with Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangle die.  Then I cut the end with Sizzix Torn Notebook die, which gives me a 4 x 5 and some journal card.  I used a large Pronty stencil and Picked Raspberry distress ink on the background and added some Picked Raspberry and Black Archival smears.  



I stamped the bauble garland from Unity KOTM and embossed with black embossing powder.  Uh,,, that's not very festive!  So I coloured the baubles with Galaxy Markers and used my gold Pilot marker on the strings and bauble hangers.  Much better.  Then I cut and paper pieced Frantic Stampers Frank die with some scraps.  Ain't he just so cool.  I added some extra stitching to his cardigan and shoes with a sharpie and gave him some gold bolts.  Ready to parteeeee.  



I generated my sentiment on a typewriter!!  A real one.  One of those little ones that were all the rage when I was young.  They called them portable!  Well, I suppose they were, but I wouldn't want to lug it up a mountain!!  We inherited this one recently and I grabbed it with joy.  No firing up the printer to waste a whole sheet of paper on six words.  And I bet it's more water resistant that printed ink.  Will experiment later!!  And when I messed up the 'new' whilst inking the edges I just typed it again, on the same scrap of card I had already chopped up.  Won't see a printer putting your sentiment on scraps, but my little typewriter will.  Limited fonts, and I maybe need to find a new ribbon, but a definite asset to the crafty stash.   But there is no spell check!!  Ah well, we aim for perfection but settle for reality.  



Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

Joining the fun at
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Hint of Pink 
Scrapy Land Challenge 65 - Anything Goes
Dream in Darkness Challenge
Pixies Snippets Playground Week 279/280
Stamplorations May Mixed Media Challenge 

 

11 comments:

Inky and Quirky Designs said...

Ha ha sooooo cute!
Hugs
Donna xx

Di said...

Great card - such fun! And, how i wish I'd kept my little Smiths portable typewriter - for this exact reason! A great find, well done!

Thank you for coming to play in the Snippets Playground :)

Hugs

Di xx

Darnell said...

Oh, how fun to use an old-timey portable for your fun sediment for Frank, Gail! (Who has great hair, BTW!) I think we have one up in the garage loft so I'll be asking the Mister to see about that ~ thanks for the great idea!! Happy Mother's Day!! Hugs, Darnell

SewPaperPaint said...

How fun this is! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Scrapy Land! Hugs, Autumn

MariLynn said...

Love the colorful garland behind Mr. Frank's head. He should not worry about what other people think. If he likes his hairstyle that is all that counts. Right? Thank for sharing with STAMPlorations mixed media challenge.

Sari / Granne said...

LOL! Who wouldn't be, :) Great page, full of color and certainly made me smile. Thank you for joining Dream in Darkness May challenge. I hope you'll have a beautiful summer time.

Tanja said...

so fun - thanks for sharing your project at the STAMPlorations Mixed Media Challenge

Squiddy said...

Poor Frank, I can recommend a good hairdresser though! and thanks for sharing at Dream In Darkness even though the month got away on me!

TangledBlueRose said...

hahahah too much fun! Poor Frank :( Love your humor! Thanks so much for playing at Dream in Darkness!~kim

sannalippert said...

too funny!!! Thanks for joining in with us at the STAMPlorations Mixed Media Challenge!!!

Susanne Rose said...

Very cool idea Gail!!! Love the typewriter sentiment! Thank you for joining us over at the STAMPlorations Mixed Media challenge. xx Susanne.