Monday 22 May 2017

Green White Space and the Beauty of Dicentra

Hello.  Welcome.  A lovely inspiration photo over at the Stamplorations Cutplorations challenge.  Dicentra is one of my favourite flowers.  I love those dangly little heart shaped flowers. 



Keeping it clean with lots of green space.  The base card is green hammered card which I added some Mowed Lawn distress ink to to highlight the texture.  I cut a scrap of watercolour paper coloured with Brusho's using two of the Stamplorations Stitched Snowy Hill dies.  I cut Stamplorations Clustered Heart die from a scrap of white paper and coloured it with Picked Raspberry distress ink.  I wanted the bottom of the hearts to remain white, to reflect the colouring in the Dicentra flowers, so I used my waterbrush to add colour at the top and draw it down the die cut.  The happy birthday is a goldline sticker.  

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

Joining the fun at
Stamplorations Cutplorations May Challenge
Stamplorations CAS Challenge May
Allsorts Challenge Week 416 - Happy Birthday
Kaboks Utfordring 13 - Bursdag 
Pixies Snippets Playground Week 281/282 


8 comments:

brenda said...

My you are on a roll this weekend Gail, another lovely card and very stylish it is as well, perfect for our 8th Birthday celebrations at Allsorts, many thanks for joining in.

B x

Di said...

Lovely card Gail! Dicentra are such pretty flowers and you capture them perfectly!

Hugs

Di xx

Claire said...

Fabulous card, I really like the effect of the ink on the hammered card, looks lush x

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

So pretty - a real CAS beauty! Did not know those flowers are called Dicentra . We call them teary hearts in Germany. So great to have you play along with us at Cutplorations!

Gitte said...

Your card is so pretty :) Thanks for joining the Kaboks challenge.
DT Gitte

Linda's Dillerier said...

Wow what a summer feeling u gave me with this card, beautiful.
Thanks for playing with us at KaBoks.

maria f. said...

Wow Gail, I just love how you were inspired by the photo. That green BG is phenomenal. And the pink/white hearts are perfect. Thanks for joining us at CUTplorations.

Suchi said...

Wonderful card Gail! Thanks for playing along with us at STAMPlorations May CAS Challenge! :)
Suchi xx