Saturday 20 August 2016

Open Fires and Candy Canes

Hello.  Welcome.  A bit of Christmas cheer on my blog today.  We appear to have misplaced summer so I decided to craft.  One of this weeks MFP challenges is to make a stamped collage background so I decided to go wordy and chrismassy all in one. 



All stamps are MFP from the Holiday Tags, Nutcracker and Santa sets.  I cut a panel of my stamped, red-embossed background and mounted it on a blue card base.  I cut Cheery Lynn English Tea Party doily in white and the matching angel wing in red card and used it at the top of the card.  I cut and coloured three candy canes from the Holiday Tags set and 'hung' them from the doily.  Looking at it now I wonder if I should try and add a gold edge to the angel wing to match the gold bows.  Not sure I trust my pilot marker today!!  I think it might be getting empty and I had a couple of blobby moments earlier.  Hmmmm......
The sentiment is popped up and I added some red embroidery thread for interest.

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

Joining the fun at
MFP Stamps Challenge 34 - Collage Stamping Tutorial
Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge 236 - Doilies
Winter Wonderland - Embossed Background and a little gold LOL
Scrapyland Challenge 48 - Use an Image 
Stampotique Designers Challenge 254 - Text Background 

20 comments:

Sylvia said...

Beautiful Christmas card,Gail.

Kay Wallace said...

Great Christmas cheer, Gail. I love the idea of red embossing, likely because I have no red embossing powder! These three stamp manufacturers that you have used to create your card work very well together, not always true. Well done, my friend.

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Gorgeous! a beautiful Christmas card!

Pam Tiedtke, or Pammie Lou said...

I love this! The candy canes look perfect and your thread behind the tag was a great touch. So glad you joined in at MFP Stamps Challenge!!!
Hugs

Anet's Crafting said...

Beautiful Christmas card Ionabunny. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Winter Wonderland. We would love to see you again ... Anet DTx

Cards By MI said...

Fabby card with lovely image and design. Looks really cute. Thanks for joining our challenge over at the Winter Wonderland. On Friday we are back with a new fun challenge.
Love n hugs
Marie

Samra said...

What a festive card! Thank you for joining Scrapy Land Challenge.
Samra DT
Paper Talk with Samra

Vickie Y said...

Fun background and card. Thank you for sharing with us at MFP Stamps Challenge

Ravengirl said...

That's a really fun background! Great work!

Kathi said...

Lovely holiday card with a great text background.

Thanks for playing along with us at Stampotique Designers Challenges.

*Arwen* said...

Beautiful card!
Thanks for joining us at Stampotique :)

xx Arwen

Sam & Poppy said...

So lovely :)
Thanks for joining in with us at Stampotique :)

G Peplow said...

Just love Christmas and your card is such a happy one :D Thank you for joining the text behind challenge @ Stampotique :D

Sternenglanz said...

wonderful Christmas card!
thank you for joining the Stampotique Designers Challenge

Sternenglanz x

GD

Julie S said...

Lovely Christmas card (and it's never too soon to start, I say). I'm so glad you joined us for the text background challenge at Stampotique!

Tera Callihan said...

fun Christmas card... Thanks for playing in the stampotique challenge!!!

Bonnie Garby said...

Great card! Thanks so much for participating in the Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge this week and good luck.

evafromca said...

What a fabulous christmas card! Thanks so much for participating in the Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge this week and good luck.

Jools Robertson said...

Great card!
Thank you for joining the Stampotique Challenge

Jools x

Ginny @ Polly's Paper Studio said...

Such a sweet card and great addition to our challenge. Thanks so much for joining us at Cheery Lynn Designs. Hugs from Ginny at Polly's Paper Studio.