Friday 29 July 2016

Orange, Purple and Green, and Not Even Halloween

Hello.  Welcome.  All hands to the pumps.  The end of the month is rapidly approaching and the challenges that have been running all month will soon be closing.  So many I meant to join and haven't quite got there yet!  Ah well, the night is young and the mojo is feeling the effects of a full moon.  One passed, or one to come maybe.  We never mind where the inspiration comes from, as long as it comes.


Inspiration tonight was supplied by Elina's lovely card over at Stamploration's CASE challenge.  I liked the colours and the background stamping and the birds.  


I started by sponging Ripe Persimmon distress ink onto a piece of card and splattering some water from my water brush.  Hadn't tried this before but it worked a treat!  The sparkles are courtesy of W&N Iridescent Watercolour Medium which is a permanent addition to the water in my water brush.  


I added some tone on tone, chocolate and black stamping using Stamplorations flower from Birds and Blooms and stamps from Mixed Media Grunge.  


I die cut a panel using Simon Says Stamp stitched rectangle die and Bubble Parade from double sided patterned paper.  I stamped and fussy cut Stamplorations large humming bird and flowers.  Please excuse the fact that I have no idea on what colour a hummingbird should be.  Don't find many of them in Norwayland.  I stamped and embossed the sentiment from the Boxed Blooms set.  

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

Joining the fun at
Stamplorations Caseplorations July
Stamplorations Anything Goes Challenge
Country View Challenges July Challenge - Have Fun With Circles
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes
The Artistic Stamper Creative Team Challenge - All Things Bright and Beautiful

2 comments:

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

Lovely and in keeping with our Bright and beautiful theme this month at The Artistic Stamper Creative Challenge.

maria f. said...

Oh so cool. Such interest in your BG. And I'm digging the green hummer. Thanks for joining us at CASEplorations, Gail!