Sunday 15 May 2016

J is for Jigsaw

Hello.  Welcome.  It's Sunday, which means a challenge is closing at The Craft Barn.  The Alpha/Dictionary challenge this fortnight was J with a dragonfly.   I had an idea.  Wasn't sure if it would work.  Love how it turned out.  Hugz all round.



I used PaperArtsy Winter Wonderland Plate 6.  Love this lady.  I covered my playing card with pale purple paper.  I stamped with Colorbox Plumeria chalk ink and embossed with clear powder.  Then I took a big puzzle piece, covered it with pale turquoise paper and stamped the lady again with Mermaid Lagoon distress ink and clear embossed.  Then I gave the plaid a wash with turquoise brusho and a little shimmer water.  I added a touch of turquoise to the purple layer and a touch of purple to the turquoise layer.  A couple of metal dragonfly beads for earings and the definition courtesy of the OED.  

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

Joining the fun at
The Craft Barn Alpha/Dictionary Challenge - J and Dragonflies
Lost Coast Portal to Creativity - Women Rule 
Dare 2 B Artzy - Turquoise and Purple
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Emboss It 
WOW Embossing Powder May Challenge 

7 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What an incredibly clever way to get around that pesky dragonfly twist. I would NEVER have thought to use dragonflies as earrings. That showed outside-the-box thinking.

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

WOW! Does your crafty brain know no bounds?? I think this card is utterly clever and thought the puzzle piece nature of it was so unique. I kept seeing more and more cool details the longer I looked at it. I thought you did a great job on this and it's such a fresh idea! Thanks so much for such an inspiring concept!

Kay Wallace said...

This is my kind of art, Gail, so big points from me on this one! She is lovely. Love the muted color palette and your dragonfly earrings are the perfect element!

Meihsia Liu said...

Love the beautiful colors and image on your creation. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

maggie said...

A very clever design and I love the way you incorporated the obligatory dragonfly.

Sari / Granne said...

Gorgeous image and awesome colorcombo, love the earings detail. Thank you for joining the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity "Women Rule the World" -event.

Leigh S-B - The Sharpie Domino Queen said...

Awesomeness! Thanks for sharing with us at Lost Coast Portal to Creativity! The WINNERS post is now up   xxx Leigh http://lostcoastportaltocreativity.blogspot.com/2016/06/the-big-winners-announcement.html