Friday 5 February 2016

Q is for Quest

Hello.  Welcome.  I have been working on a second project for the Craft Barn dictionary challenge, where we are playing with the letter Q.  I am altering a pack of giant cards and trying to do two cards for each letter.  I have used a Gorjuss stamp called The Runaway.  I loved this when it first came out and finally bought one.  This is it's first outing.  When I saw it it made me think of her going on a quest, old fashioned style on a dashing charger.  



Q is for Quest.   I stamped and embossed The Runaway stamp onto silver metal sheet.  Then I paper pieced the girl.  The definition for quest is from the Oxford English Dictionary.



I wasn't sure about the background.  At first I was going to just stick the horse onto the back of the unaltered blue playing card.  Then I found this sizzix travel words embossing folder and tried it with a matt black background.  Then I remembered this gorgeous holographic scratch paper.  Watch out kids!  Your crazy crafting mummies are going to be raiding your toy box!!  This is the stuff that is pretty colours covered with a black coating you scratch off.  Gives an amazing effect with embossing folders.



Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz


Joining the fun at

The Craft Barn Alpha/Dictionary Challenge - Q
7 Kids Challenge #144 - Anything Goes
ABC Challenge - A is for Animals
Country View Challenges February - Make Your Own Background 
One Crazy Stamper February Challenge - Anything Goes 

23 comments:

Sybil Grieco said...

Love your card! You nailed that word. And love what you did with that embossing folder. Got to try that!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This is amazing, Gail. I LOVE IT!! I can't believe all the entries you have presented for Q this fortnight. Somehow I didn't realize we could enter more than once. Of course, the background is beautiful, too. At first, I thought you used embossing powder to get that effect.

Annie said...

Your altered card is fabulous! The image is adorable and that magic background is awesome!

Scrapmate said...

I love your background - it is so effective.

Unknown said...

Oh I really like this!! Maybe because I love horses. But this is one of my favourites !! Gorgeous !!!

Dotty Jo said...

Wow, I LOVE this Gail! Jo x

Rachel Parys said...

Gorgeous colors!! Love the background! Thanks for joining us at 7 Kids College Fund!

Craftyfield said...

I need some of that holographic paper... Looks gorgeous (should I say Gorjuss?!!) and the girl image is lovely too.

Dawn Darlene said...

the rainbow effect is great!

Dwie lewe rączki said...

Stunning creation. Thanks for joining our challenge at ABC challenges.
Hugs, Iwona

Cheri Burry said...

What a cute idea for your "Quest"! Love that embossing folder! Thanks for playing along with us over at One Crazy Stamper!

Sylvia said...

Beautiful creations,Gail.Love the girl with the horse.

Hugs,Sylvia.

WendyK said...

Fabulous colours and textures and your altered card.

Lizzy Hill said...

Aaah! Playing with cards again!!! Love that stamp - looks great with the horse on front.. & I adore your bg colours, too!!

thassos456 said...

Fab card, the background is awesome. I have to look out for this scratch paper :)

Sandi said...

The background really stands out on this card! This is adorable! Thanks for playing with us this week at
http://www.7kidscollegefund.com/

Huggs
Sandi

gardenpinks said...

An unusual word done very well.

Frk. Bogstad said...

Kjempeflott :)
Motivet minner meg litt om Pippi Langstrømpe vs. Brødrene Løvehjerte :)

Kay Wallace said...

Really like this card, Gail! I have never participated in a dictionary challenge, but it looks like fun. Great use of color here, my friend!

Donna Rudy said...

The background is gorgeous! Love the rainbow colour effect. Thank you for playing along in our challenge at One Crazy Stamper

trisha too said...

GORGEOUS background, Gail, so vibrant!

:)

Karen Day said...

Your scratch paper idea is brilliant! And such a fabulous project, too - thanks for joining our February challenge at One Crazy Stamper!

maggie said...

A very clever background and another great altered card.