Wednesday 10 June 2015

Artistic Smudger at Work

Hello.  Welcome.  I have been a little preoccupied with one of my hens today, who is hatching chicks as I write.  Very exciting.  I have seen one tiny little head, and heard peeping, but it's a bit like a sneak peek.  Have to wait for the full reveal.  Must be patient.  Very difficult.  But don't want mother hen to stand too soon.  Got to give them all the best chance to hatch.  Will keep you posted. 

So this is what I fitted in today amid the excitement.  I started the background for the challenge at Mark's Finest Papers where they want die-cut designs.  I used Spellbinders Gold Circle 1 die set.  All of it.  First time I've used this so wasn't sure what I was going to get.  Some of the dies cut and some just emboss.  So just to see I used all at once and ended up with a lovely detailed doily cut from one of my brusho backgrounds.  


So I have the pretty doily and I added Kadoodle Pirate Dan.  He is coloured with Promarkers and watercolour.  I stamped DRS Script Happy Birthday and black embossed.  


On my purple base card I stamped DRS Interlocking Squares and embossed with dark green powder.  I cut Cheery Lynn Compass and placed behind the doily.  The corners are Cheery Lynn Mini Rum Punch doily cut in 4.  It seemed a bit unfinished so I tried this....


I smudged the edge of the card with Versamark and embossed with Wintergreen Pastel embossing powder.  I've had this so long and hardly used it.  I was afraid it might be dead, but it melted just fine.  Must use these bright colours on darks more often.  

Joining the fun at
Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge 188 - Creative Corners 
DRS Designs Challenge 177 - Over the Top
Speedy Fox and Friends Challenge 265 - Making Die Cut Designs
The Craft Barn Weekly Challenge - For The Man in Your Life
FSC Challenge 99 - Use a Person or Persons

Thanks for taking some of your precious time to visit.  It warms my heart.  Please leave a little love so I know you passed by.  Hugz

16 comments:

Deepti said...

This is such a fun design, fabulous colors and great textures :)

Joyce said...

Wonderful project. And, very fun to read about your hen and chick.

shulsart said...

What a fun psychedelic card, Gail, love the embossing powder around the card edge. Good luck and thanks for playing along at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

Amanda said...

What a cute pirate card. Thanks for sharing with us at FSC this fortnight
Love
Amanda x

Lizzy Hill said...

The brights on the dark look brill! Love the whole boy card vibe & the doily is yum! Hope all the chicks hatched - how THRILLING!!! Pics please :)

Lisa said...

Cute pirate card! Thanks for joining us this week with Cheery Lynn Designs!

nwilliams6 said...

Love the colors you put on the die cut and that pirate is fun! Wonderful card!!!

Vickie Y said...

Very pretty die cut result. Love the image. Thank you for sharing with us at MFP SF&F Challenge.

Kay Wallace said...

You have certainly created a unique design by your layering processes, Gail! And, who would have thought that a pirate and doily would work so well together?! Nicely choreographed!

Craftyfield said...

I have to say I didn't "get" the Gold dies and I'm still unsure if they would be any good for me. The embossed circle has some lovely colours though, a great backdrop to the pirate.

Stampsnob. said...

Arrrrrrh! Great job , thanks for playing with us at MFP SFF>>>>>>>>>Lis

kReN said...

Cute card! TFS!

Corina said...

Great fun card! Thank you for joining in on the challenge at Cheery Lynn Designs!

Jane said...

Love your card, love Pirate Dan, he is a great stamp!! Hope the hen and chicks are all ok!! Thank you for joining in The Craft Barn Challenge.
Jane x

maggie said...

A great card for a little pirate.

Christine said...

The the pirate card. I don't think embossing powder can go bad, can it? I've had stuff for more than 12 years. Thanks for sharing at MFP's Speedy Fox and Friends.