Friday 15 May 2015

Oh I Do Like To Be

Hello.  Welcome.  Maybe Tiger Boy was the card that broke the creative block.  Come one, come all I say.  Over at Crafty Individuals the theme is 'It's Music to my Ears'.  



I've made a one layer CAS card.  One layer?  What's that white round your images then?  Ahhh, well,  ummm, see I had a bit of ink on the edge of my stamp and when I stamped the sentiment there it was.  Arrrggggg!  No longer clean.  So I tried to remove it but this lovely MME card has a white core, so there was a white spot!!  Double arrrrggg!  So the brain cell struck on the idea of scratching off a bit more around the sentiment.  I liked that so I went around the bird as well.  Then I decided it needed a border and mounted it on a card base, so not one layer at all really ROFL.  The stamps are Crafty Individuals from CI 272 and CI 344.  Oh, and if you are wondering where the music comes in it's the first thing I think of when the sea is mentoined.  The sound of waves, gentle whispers to mighty roars and the sound of seagulls crying.  As it says, 'the voice of the sea speaks to my soul'

Have a lovely day.  Hugz

Joining the fun at
Crafty Individuals May Challenge - It's Music To My Ears
CASology Week 146 - Music 
Addicted to CAS Challenge 63 - Birds
Fashionable Stamping Challenge 97 - Things With Wings
Scribble and Scrap Challenge 44 - Anything Goes 

11 comments:

Loll said...

Beautiful bird images and love the sentiment. Thanks for playing along at ATCAS.

Jean Hardy said...

I love the sounds of the sea too - great music connection! Pretty colour scheme. Many thanks for joining in the CI Challenge. Jean x

Unknown said...

What a fantastic sentiment, and apt choice of imagery! Had to laugh at the process you went though. Don't you love how things end quite differently to how they started?? A beautiful contemplative card! Thanks so much for sharing in the fun at CASology this week!

Cocofolies said...

I love your simple but so beautiful card Gail.. Sometimes these stamps really don't need too much complicated designs I think - I should remember this for myself haha!! -. Also love your idea to hide the inked edge by simply distressing all the edges of your images!! This is a brilliant one! Good luck for the challenge. :) Hugs, Coco xx

Barb Ghig said...

Such a pretty card, Gail! I love how you placed the bird on the suitcases and the sentiment is really lovely! Best of luck to you with your DT application :)
So glad you shared this with us at Addicted to CAS this week!

Kylie said...

Genius save, Gail. I love the bird and on top of the luggage. Thanks so much for playing along at ATCAS and good luck with the DT call xx

Jackie T said...

Hi Gail this is a fantastic card. Thank you for joining us at the Scribble and Scrap Challenge. Hugs Jackie DT

Scrapmate said...

If I hadn't read the reason for the white 'halo' I would have said you had meant to put it there right from the start. I think it was a happy accident.

Vicki Dutcher said...

LOVE the image! Very cool sentiment also - Thanks for joining in at ATCAS~

Flo Langley said...

Lovely CAS card Gail. Great rescue. What a clever idea. Thank you for playing along with the Crafty Individuals Challenge.
Flo x

Joanna Wiśniewska said...

Beautiful card Gail. I love see a lot. Loving your delicate card.
Joanna