Thursday 30 April 2015

Sometimes, in a Storm, a Friend is the Only Umbrella You Need

Hello.  Welcome.  Luckily I have no immediate need of a sympathy card.  So lets call this an empathy card.  Dear Lynell, as one chapter ends another begins.  Best wishes for the future.  May it be full to overflowing with good things.  Hugz



I really enjoyed working with this limited palette.  I love this sentiment stamp from Unity.  And Beach Girl, also a Unity stamp.  Love her as well.  I used Dreamweavers Waves stencil for my background.  I wanted it to represent change.  Hold on to your hat girl, there's a storm coming.  Hopefully good things will blow in. 

Joining the fun at
Dream It Up - Showers of Showers
DRS Challenge 172 - Put It In Neutral
The Unity Stamp Co. Friends With Flair 
Papertake Weekly - Take Your Pick  white + 1
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Anything Goes

Thanks for your visit.  Leave a little sunshine so I know you passed by.  Hugz

19 comments:

Shelia said...

Oh I really like this sentiment!! It's so appropriate for a sympathy card! Love the image you paired with it and the background you created is fabulous! Thank you for playing along with DRS Designs this week!

Lizzy Hill said...

What a gorgeous and thoughtful card! Really lovely....empathy is a really important part of learning to grow as peeps, I think. I'd say you've got it in bucketfuls:):)

Becca Yahrling said...

Beautiful card. Love these Unity stamps.

Diana Soling said...

I really like this card. Beautiful.

Michele K. Henderson said...

I really like this! It feels like a lino cut! Great card!

Doreen said...

Another fabulous card.xxx

Teresa Doyle said...

A really, really beautiful card. I love the sentiment.

DIANA L. said...

very pretty, I love that sentiment
I saw this on Unity FWF. Have a blessed day
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Ruby said...

Very pretty card.

Dr. Ivy said...

Very pretty, great sentiment.

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

That is an awesome stencil you paired with your lady! Fantastic!

Patti J said...

Saw your card on FWF! What a nice card to send to someone in need. Great design, beautifully done - thanks for sharing :)

Carol said...

You've been a busy bee! This is stunning, love the sentiment. Carol x

Bananastamper said...

Very nice - creative background and use of limited colour. Love that beach girl stamp.

Lagene said...

What a great monochromatic card for change in your friend's future!

Janis said...

Masterful way to put these challenges together in one strikingly beautiful card, Gail!! Well done!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Meihsia Liu said...

Love you beautiful card! The image and sentiment are awesome. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

Janett said...

Great card.Love the images that you used together.

Lynell Harlow / Dreamweaver Stencils said...

Thank you, my friend! Good things are ahead...thanks for the encouragement as we go forward! Norway is on my bucket list so...you never know we may meet soon!