Sunday 1 March 2015

The British And Tea

Hello.  Welcome.  Well, I have searched the stash and come up sadly lacking for coffee, tea and hot chocolate related products.  Which is phenomenally strange considering how much I enjoy these drinks.  I have a whole cupboard just with tea and coffee.  OK, mostly tea.  You have to go to another cupboard to find the hot chocolate.   Only three different types there but I have recently been introduced to melting chocolate bars in hot milk to get the most delicious heavenly hot chocolate.  And think, any flavour chocolate bar could become a special hot chocolate drink!!  Yummy.    That said, I wanted to join the Coffee Lovers Blog Hop so after a search of the stash I came up with this lovely stamp from Crafty Individuals.  Perfect.....


I coloured a die cut stitched panel with Mustard Seed distress ink.  Less in the middle, more on the edges.  Then I splashed on some water drops.  I stamped Crafty Individuals Tea Tree and sentiment in black archival.  I wanted a particular shade of grey card for my base.  I know I bought a pack 15 years ago.  Can't believe I've used it already!!  Had to settle for some pale grey which I applied Watering Can archival to.  Just use the pad gently directly on your card and the pattern of the pad surface leaves a very pleasing effect. 



I love all the fun details in this stamp.  The sentiment reads 'Meet under the tree for a nice cup of tea'  Sounds like a plan to me LOL

Joining the fun at
Coffee Loving Card Makers - Spring Coffee Lovers Blog Hop 
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes
DRS Designs Challenge 163 - All Ears cat ears, mouse ears, elephant ears
Crafty Individuals March Challenge - The Animal World

Thanks for dropping by.  I'm off to get myself a little drinky.  Get the coffee brewing girl friend.  Hugz

47 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

This is gorgeous! I think I've got this, or a very similar stamp, somewhere.... must go dig it out, Jo x

Jerrie said...

This is the cutest little tree with all the tea pots, cups and other items hanging in it. Great job!!

VanessaB said...

Awesome. That is a very cool stamp. So happy you played along :)

Monika Reeck said...

you have a cool image and great color for spring dear Gail
great card with this image and so different than other card with mug or coffee glass...
I wanna say congrats on your win at last Speedy and Fox challenge
after you then me hehe..love to join their challenge
my two stamps set already come
thanks for your advice to send them mail again
hugs from Germany
Monika
PS: my card is number 151 if you like to visiting me...

Lori Kobular said...

Oh I just love that tree stamp with the tea kettle, tea pot and the watches and other fun things! The sentiment is perfect and you did a great job inking the grey and the mustard panel!!

Celeste Goff said...

What a cool stamped image! Love it!

Lizzy Hill said...

LOL! We're a country of tea & coffee drinkers but I don't have many either!!! Hoping to join in today. Loooove your stamp & the water droplet effect on the mustard ink:)))

Olga Direktorenko said...

Gorgeous card! The color you have chosen are phenomenal and you made me want this stamp too! Thanks for sharing!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Super cute!!!

Angel said...

So pretty, love the rich colors!

Ann said...

Adorable little tree and sentiment.

Stampsnob. said...

I don't even like chocolate and you made me drool. Your card is nice I like that image
it says multitude ............Lis

massofhair said...

I've just ordered the Hero Arts need caffeine set of stamps from Amazon after i saw then on Keren's blog post. Not got any coffee related stamps either and i drink nothing else lol :-) xxx

Kim Heggins said...

Love this...so fun and so clever!

~amy~ said...

oh my, I adore this. What a beautiful stamp!
Thanks for joining in the fun♡

Kara Lynne said...

I love that tree and wonderful sentiment! Wonderful yellow distressing!

Jessica Frost-Ballas said...

Love the distress ink! :)

KellyJean said...

Very nice!

nancy carroll said...

What an awesome sentiment and stamp, love that you were finally able to find one, omg, I love real chocolate in milk, don't do it often, but drooling. Awesome background tool

D- said...

Love your cute card. Thanks for sharing.
Crafty hugs,
Dawn
DesignsByDragonfly {blogspot}

anja curvers said...

Oohhh this is so unique love the tree and the sentiment.

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

That is a cool image. Love your yellow background. TFS

Shelly said...

This is so sweet!

Brandi R said...

Adorable stamp!!! Love it ♥

ivy said...

how fun is this?!!!

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

Fabulous image on that wonderful colorful background!

Cocofolies said...

Just an adorable scene using this single stamp, love the colours too, your card is fantastic Gail. Good luck for the new challenge! Hugz Coco

KT Fit Kitty said...

Sweet card and sentiment! Gorgeous background!

Happy Dance said...

What a fun and sweetly quirky image! Nice to see something completely different on this hop! So much to look at in the tree, but it looks like it's all set up for all of us to pop over for a cuppa! Love the colors too. Happy Tuesday. Bev

debby4000 said...

Fabulous card, what a brilliant stamp.
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Luv
Debby

Rosie said...

A lovely card, Gail

Sylvie Collet said...

Beautiful background and colors for this lovely card Gail!
Thanks for entering the CI Challenge
Bises,
Sylvie

Sylvia said...

Wonderful card, Gail, love your tree of "life" and all the little images! Happy Wednesday and happy hopping!

Shelia said...

Oh I really like this unique image!! and sweet sentiment! Lovely card. Thank you for playing along with DRS Designs this week.

Jean Hardy said...

Lovely picture created here, and great background. Also love the chocolate in the hot milk idea - just shared it with my son (ooops perhaps that was a bad idea!?). Thanks for entering the CI Challenge Gail. Jean x

Annie said...

How creative, love that stamp! Beautiful work :)

CaffeinatedPapercuts said...

Oh I love it! And how dare that paper pack not last 16 years...LOL

Janis said...

Gail, this is just wonderful!! What a fabulous stamp!!! Love it in black with the mustard seed ink behind it. Great technique for your gray background. I, too, had to laugh abt you digging around for the 15 yr old pack of paper. Hahahaha... I bet a lot of us can relate to that!!! :)
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

AJ Bodine said...

Great image..so much to look at, very interesting!

Helen F. said...

Fabulous! Love the stamp :-)

D.Ann C said...

Fab! Hadn't seen the stamp before. fun!

My Paper Epiphany said...

Fun card - love it!

Ceal said...

great card

An'Jenic G. said...

Fun card. Never seen this stamp before and its cute.

Keren Baker said...

I absolutely love this image- lovely card!

Anne said...

What a simple and elegant card with a lovely theme! Bravo!

Sid said...

Loving your fab card !