Monday 16 March 2015

One Thing Leads To Another And Suddenly It's Christmas

Hello.  Welcome.  A series of events resulted in this alternative Christmas card.  Over at CHNC  Hazel wanted a Christmas card with black.  I had been looking through my precuts box and seen a santa sledge and a palm tree in black and when I saw the tropical theme at CASology it was a bit of a eureka moment.

I tried it with white, but that was too stark.  It didn't look good on cream and then I thought tropical, hence the orange base card


I used Sizzix Palm Tree die and Britannia Christmas Flight die cut from black card.  


Joining the fun at
CHNC Challenge 220 - Use Some Black 
CASology Week 137 - Tropical 
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - B is for.... black
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Things That Fly 
ABC Christmas Challenge - E For Edging Punch or Die 

Thanks for your visit.  Don't forget to leave out some carrots for Rudolf.  Hugz

8 comments:

Dreaming of Vintage said...

Great card Gail! Looks like Santa is headed somewhere nice and warm!

Jen W. said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lizzy Hill said...

Looks amazing! Eureka moment indeedy!

Hazel said...

Love the silhouette. Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 220 -- you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for March - I'd love to see it there too. x

Zw@@n said...

Stunning card, Gail. I like the orange base and the die cuts. Thank you for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge. Luv, Wilma

Kay Wallace said...

This is just amazing, Gail! It is not snowing everywhere on Christmas Eve, now, is it? Great card!

Helen said...

Wonderful card!
Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
Helen x

Mandy said...

Fabulous card Gail! I love the Christmas Flight die it's so cute.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Mandy xx