Sunday 15 March 2015

No Said Turtle, It's Ducky's Birthday Today

Hello.  Welcome.  A little happy busness first and then on to today's crafty fun. I offered a little prize on this post.  I have used Mr R. to draw a lucky lady from all the eligible comments.  I had to discard 3 cos they were made by me LOL, and I am pleased that the lady selected did actually say she was interested in trying the chocolate tea, which was part of my modest giveaway.  And the lucky winner was number 20 that's...... 

Congrats Kay.  Drop me an email with your details to craftynomad at gmail dot com and I will get the card and the chocolate tea in the post.  

Looking in the tea box there are still a few bags left so I  consulted again with the mighty Mr Random and he picked 
and

Please contact me at craftynomad at gmail dot com and I will pop a few bags in the post for you to try.  If I don't hear from you by the 22nd I will assume you aren't interested and will draw new names.  Thanks for visiting and playing along.  Hugz

To the craft.....   Over at The Craft Barn the weekly challenge for the past week was to cover something in DecoMache style.  Not so many entries for this one.  I have seen deco mache papers once and remember that they are extremely delicate so I decided to use some tissue paper I had with silver butterflies on it.  Unfortunately, sock monster appears to have eaten it, so I resorted to some mop up tissue. 


I found some chipboard circles and painted with Rose fresco finish paint.  Then I stuck on my inky painty papers.  




I found a piece of inky painty card in the scraps to back my circle frames and stamped Crafty Individuals Jolly Duck on white and also on the above card


I put it all together and made a little hangy thing


The top piece.  I framed the sentiment from Jolly Duck, covered it in glossy accents and added some burlap fibers behind the circle.  


Here's Jolly Duck himself.  I used wink of stella purple and green on his hat and bow.  I coloured the duck with distress ink and a water brush and added some gold dots.  Some more burlap threads. 

Joining the fun at

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

14 comments:

Becca Cruger said...

Wow!!! Such an awesome, funky, textural wall hanging!

Craftyfield said...

A few entries but the quality is up there! There are plenty of good ideas in your hanging, such as the burlap fibres which remind me of sunrays, Jolly duck popping out of his "porthole" amongst others. Lovely make Gail.

Sylvie Collet said...

Delicious Jolly Duck!!!! Lovely and original creation, I love it!!!!
Thanks for joining us again this month
Bises,
Sylvie

Lizzy Hill said...

Absolutely STUNNING! Love that you used your "inky papers"!!!!! Those colours are BRILL!!!!

Jean Hardy said...

What a great little hanging. Nice use of the Jolly Duck and thanks for joining in our Challenge this month. Jean x

Michelle said...

Oh Gail! I love this so much! That whimsical duck is darling. AND I adore the way you used that image to create such a fun piece. Bravo! Thank you for sharing your work with us this week for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.
~Michelle

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

I absolutely adore what you did here! I never would've thought to make a "jolly duck" the star of the show, but you nailed it! I think your "hangy thing" is brilliant and I love the whimsicality and the bright colors. I like how they have sort of a prize medal shape and feel to them. Great shapes and fantastic techniques. Thanks for sharing your skills with us here at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

Jane said...

This is amazing.....love the duck!! Thank you for joining in the Challenge.
Jane x (The Craft Barn)

jenn shurkus said...

what a fun and funky project! love all the layers and texture!! thank you for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

Cocofolies said...

A fantastic idea and piece Gail, this little decorative hanging is so adorable!!! I love your idea to put burlap fibers behind the circles, the result is wonderful. Coco x

D.Ann C said...

Fab frame!
Woo-hoo!!! Thanks SO MUCH for going above and beyond in sharing!

Kay Wallace said...

Super "hangy thingy," Gail! Love your Jolly Duck as the ambassador a birthday greetings. Well done! Thanks, too, for selecting my comment as the winner of your thoughtful giveaway! I am blessed!

Scrapmate said...

What a fab make. I love that little duck.

maggie said...

A very jolly hangy thing. Love it!