Monday 2 March 2015

Black White and Punny

Hello.  Welcome.  Peddling fast to catch up with Claudine's Altered Playing Card challenge.  Welcome to week 18.  HERE are Claudine's cards.  She had a flower theme for this week.  Here are my week 18 cards.   Not a flower in sight!!



My backgrounds.  Loving these!!!  My cards have all been gesso'd.  I used blue, white and magenta acrylic on the first card and spritzed the card with water before I dabbed it in the paint.  I used blue, yellow and magenta acrylic on the second card and spritzed both the card and the paint.  Much messier and it nearly ended up mud but I quite like the thick paint blobs with the much more watery painty background.  



I stamped High Hopes Andy and Patch onto white card using black archival.  I cut all the background pieces from within the frame and added an extra frame around the outside.  Then I decided that I wanted a white sentiment so...



It seemed a good idea at the time.  But seriously, it's all the fault of the next card.  And I was feeling a bit full after a very tasty dinner.  So sea food eat it or seafood, eat it.  Patch certainly looks like he's hungry.  The letters were cut using Sizzix Ida Lou's Flowerbox alphadies. 

I am joining this card to the High Hopes Challenge - Anything Goes



So it was Lion Fish or Unicorns.  I had a difficult time deciding.  No seriously, I did.  I seem to have acquired a number of unicorn stamps recently and am quite keen to ink them up.  But after a little research I discovered that Lion Fish come in black and white, as well as the more common shades of orange and yellow, so that fitted well with the previous card.  Also it keeps a nautical theme.  This is Flonzcraft Lion Fish stamp.  So there he is, floating in his own space.  So I consulted the brain cell and the stash and we came up blank on a suitable sentiment.  Then, just as I was thinking of posting him as is and appealing for suggestions I had a eureka moment.  



Works for me.  Now I have no idea if the adverts I saw suggesting that eating these fish saves reefs is because these fish are harming reefs, or if eating these fish, which have lots of poisonous spines, is supposed to kill off the people who may cause damage to reefs.  Anyway, I assume that once you have carefully prepared your fish, it is seafood, eat it!!  



Joining the fun at
Claudine's Art Corner Altered Playing Card Challenge Week 18 
OCS March - Anything Goes
Country Vview Challenges March - Anything Goes 


Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

8 comments:

massofhair said...

Great play on words! Two fab APC's Gail, great colours and textures:-) xxx

Claudine said...

Haha these are great, love the Sea food theme!

Lynne in NI said...

These are great, I love how you use your colours! Thanks for playing along at High Hopes :)

Dreaming of Vintage said...

I like both works! Cute!

Becca Cruger said...

Fabulous inky backgrounds! The sentiments make me laugh and so did your great writing. Can't wait to see what you do with the unicorns.

Kay Wallace said...

Sweet and funny APCs this week, Gail! You are creating a great collection here.

Dawn Louise said...

Fabulous and fun. really like your backgrounds, messy fun makes the best creations sometimes. x

Sue said...

Great cards Gail. Thank you for joining us at One Crazy Stamper this month.