Friday 27 March 2015

Altered Cards

Hello.  Welcome.  Here we are back with the altered playing cards.  Claudine has posted the final cards this week.  Can you believe it!!  OK,  I still have 8 blank cards, but I am so pleased and amazed that I have managed to do this challenge.  I hope to get the last 6 done next week when I return from my little week away, but here's two I managed to do before leaving home.  You can find Claudine's week 27 cards HERE.


I only had black and brown archival so I decided to use some of the backgrounds I made last week using reinkers and didn't use.  I picked caramel and green.  The green was a bit patchy but you can see the gold spritz.


I stamped using various PaperArtsy LP stamps.  I used the large oak leaf, black archival and Simon Says Stamp clear embossing powder (NBUS).  I used the postage collage stamp and Vintage Photo distress embossing powder (NBUS).


I stamped the eyes postage stamp and script stamp on grey paper.  The heart was stamped on book paper.  The sentiment is a Unity Stamp.   I added some washi tape, thanks Shery, and inked the edges.


I stamped more LP postage stamps and the large oak leaf on grey paper.  The sentiment is from Do crafts and more washi tape


The pair.  Only 6 to go to complete my deck!

Joining the fun at
Claudine's Altered Playing Card Challenge Week 27
NBUS Challenge 4
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge -Anything Goes
Ett Trykk Vi Jubilerer Utfordring 27
The Craft Barn Weekly Challenge - Inky Background

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz


12 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

These are FABULOUS Gail.... Love how you've layered & then layered some more....faves, for sure:):))

Jane said...

These are amazing, love the layers. You didn't need those Brusho's!!
Thank you for joining in the Challenge.
Jane x (The Craft Barn)

Monika Reeck said...

too cooool
I am not familiar with this technique but you did it so profesionally..
love the layered on your card..
cool and fun card

Scrapmate said...

Gorgeous backgrounds and stamping. I love the layers you have created.

Claudine said...

Really nicely done, way to finish the set!!!

JD/ Jill said...

Great job with the backgrounds and the stamping. You have inspired me to give this a try.

Kay Wallace said...

Two super APCs, Gail, with lots of not only artful inspiration, but inspiration on being a better person and friend! Love the colors you chose for these two!

Darnell said...

Another stunning pair, Gail! You really rock this style of creativity!! There is so much to delight the eyes!! Thank you so much for playing again in my NBUS Challenge #4!! Hugs, Darnell

Heather said...

Fabulous playing card creations, great backgrounds and stamping - your layering is fantastic!!

Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge,
hugs
Heather xx

Crafty Claire said...

Great backgrounds which have become the focal point themselves.

Craftyfield said...

Great cards, the backgrounds were a good save... proving crafters should never throw anything away!

maggie said...

Two great backgrounds for the layers you created.