Tuesday 10 March 2015

A Tennis Ball With Wings

Hello.  Welcome.  Over at Ett Trykk one of their 10year celebration challenges is a quick card or two.  Now, that is something I often aspire to but seldom accomplish.  Today was a happy mail day with a delivery from STAMPlorations which included a couple of their stencils.  So I decided to see if I could do quick card with a stencil background and my favourite bird from Unity. 



I cut 4 10cm square pieces of card and die cut three edges using my Simon Says Stamp Stitch Rectange die.  I stamped a sentiment and then the bird from Unity Stamp Co. Swagger set on two of the card pieces.  There are three sentiments with this cute bird.  I have used two of them.  The birds were coloured with watercolour pencils and a waterbrush.



I used STAMPlorations Happy Flower stencil and distress inks on the other two pieces of card.  I bumped the stencil, a bit far on this red version!!  It look a bit unfocused.   Oops, crafty finger smudge in corner!!  Less haste, more speed.......



I smudged the ink on this one using an eraser to draw the ink towards the edge of the panel.  No really, I did that on purpose.  Good or bad idea??



I mounted the stenciled panel on a pale green base card.  Then I cut round the birds and mounted on foam pads in front of the stenciled panels.  These two little cuties took less that 30 minutes.   I do kinda like the soft look the bumping gives.  Trying to perfect the imperfect look ROFL. 

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

Joining the fun at
Ett Trykk Vi Jubilerer Utfordring 18
STAMPlorations March Challenge - Stamps and Stencils
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - B is for...  bird
STAMPlorations Flash Stencil Linky Party 
Unity Stamp Co. Friends With Flair 

27 comments:

massofhair said...

WOW two vibrant and fun cards Gail. Gorgeous stencil and your bird is lovely :-) xxx

Julie B said...

What a cute little birdie and I rather like the smudgey corner.
Thanks for sharing with us at STAMPlorations. :)

Monica Mortensen said...

Super cute <3

Kay Wallace said...

Brilliant design, color and image, Gail! It just could not be any better!

Dreaming of Vintage said...

So cute Gail! Love the bright colors and that bird is adorable!

Becca Cruger said...

I think the smudged ink technique looks really cool! I'm going to have to give it a try. And every time you use this stamp, it makes me want to go buy it!! Great design and thanks for linking up to STAMPlorations, too!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Fabulous cards, Gail! Aren't stencils great?!! Love the smudges and the fat birds! Thanks for joining our linky party at STAMPlorations!

Becca Yahrling said...

Your cards are adorable. And I have to agree, the smudge is actually perfect. :-)

Brandi R said...

LOVE that bird!!! Great cards ♥

T.L. Creations said...

Love these wonderful cards, and the smudging is perfect! These chickies are adorable, and your creativity definitely stepped up their swagger! :)

Angie said...

Cute cards. Love that you colored hearts on their chests!

Linda said...

so cute and great colors!

Suzanne C said...

The flowers in the background are a nice contrast to the cute bird with his pretty heart! Lovey quick cards! Thanks for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Cynthia said...

Wow, love the flower stenciled bg for this cute bird, Gail! Great colors as well.

D- said...

Thanks for sharing your wonderful cards.
I spied your project at Unity's FWF.
Crafty hugs,
Dawn
DesignsByDragonfly {blogspot}

Unknown said...

Adorable, even the smudges! From FwF.

Kim
Craftisan Studios
Design Team Showcase

ionabunny said...

He's on sale this weekend at Unity....... LOL. Hugz

Gaylynn said...

You worked wonders with this cute chick. The colors are pretty too.

Dawn Fields said...

Sweet cards!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

The perfect description of that adorable bird! Love the flowers behind.

Crystal said...

I love the stenciled background flowers and the chick is adorable with that little heart!

Sue D said...

Cute bird cards--I like the stenciling and smudging.

Life of a Caffeinated Mom said...

Gail, these are really really really adorable. The color and the stamp just make you smile.

Janis said...

Gail.....I love this little set of cards!! Your colors are so vibrant and cheery. I really like the idea of a quick stenciled background and the focal image layered over it. I pinned it to help me remember to try stenciling a background. I NEVER use my stencils.... :( Thanks for the inspiration!!!
Saw you on Unity FWF!!!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

LauraJane:) said...

SUPER fun bids and stencils! Thanks for joining the fun at STAMPlorations:)

Monika Reeck said...

Hi Gail...I just see your cute card at Stamplorations challenge
the bird is so so cuutee
and I Love the smudges too
its ok sometimes my hand also so smudge and I try to use eraser but I dont want to throw away my card..hehehe let me see if I still can make Photo from another angle maybe LOL
great color combo and love your cute card..
I just joiin too the Stamplorations March Challenge but I dont have her stencil I have others..let me see my luck..
see you maybe on my Blog again Gail?
hugs, Monika

Robyn Oliver said...

Lovely cards Gail - that's the cutest little bird - bright and colourful