Sunday 8 February 2015

The No Colour Gang

Hello.  Welcome.  It Mothers Day in Norway today.  Gratulerer Med Dagen Mor.  It makes me laugh, cos now I am all international, I end up celebrating this a few times.  You just assume everyone is celebrating this on the same day all around the globe.  That's what I call the Normal Syndrome.  Everything you do is normal.  It's just what all them other folk are doing is not!!  Everybody's normal is different.  Hugz

Over at DRS the challenge this week is White Out.  A single colour for stamping or layering but no colouring.  I have rolled out the Jimbo and the Gang stamp again and, looking back at previous posts (click on the DRS label), I see this is actually a technique I favour with this stamp.  It's a beautiful image, full of interest, not too busy, perfect for the no colour technique. 


I stamped DRS Jimbo and the Gang and layered with an orange mat.  Quick, simple, cute anyday card. 


The same, but slightly different.  


I am sure the combinations are endless.  Going to add these to a few more simple cards I have for a mothers day gift.  

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

Joining the fun at
DRS Designs Challenge 160 - White Out
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - All Things Bright and Beautiful

7 comments:

Becca Cruger said...

OOO that would be a difficult challenge for me. That's a super cute stamp, though!

Shelia said...

I've always colored this image, but I like Jimbo and the Gang done like this!! Quick, easy and adorable!! Thanks for sharing with us at DRS Designs this week!!

Kay Wallace said...

What a fun, fun stamp, Gail. And, you are right, it needs nothing at all to make it any better. Great pop of orange in your matting to go along with the black for your image!! Good luck!

Melissa Bove said...

Adorable card! Such a sweet image!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

Karin said...

Very cute and a great reminder that an adorable stamp doesn't have to be colored in make a great card! Thanks so much for playing along at DRS Designs!

Janett said...

Great card, I really like this stamp with know coloring. I made a beautiful card. Thanks for join the DRS designs challenge.

Lynne Mizera said...

what a Special Card! I have never done anything Black and White before and It absolutely interests me. And I keep learning all these new things following your blog Gail... "The Normal Syndrome"? What a fantastic way of putting what we ALL do everywhere... Another thing I must absolutely CASE (Copy And Share with Everyone)