Friday 20 February 2015

Paradise Spotted

Hello.  Welcome.  Now this all started when I visited Dawn this morning and was really taken with her paper piecing technique.  I am working on a beach themed thing already so I decided to make a card using my favourite beach babe, a paper pieced beach and the Waffle Flower challenge colours.  


I raided the scraps box(es) and found a selection on gold and yellow bits.  I cut these into triangles and arranged them on my blue card base.  I cut some small cloud shapes from a scrap of white card using a die sent to me by Nancy.  Thanks Nancy.  Hugz.  The palm trees are cut from a black scrap using a Sizzix die.  I stamped Unity Beach Girl onto white card, coloured with watercolour pencils and fussy cut.  I added some detail to the palm trees and water with a white gel pen.  I mounted the panel on a cornflower blue base card.  

Joining the fun at
Waffle Flower Challenge Feb 9-22 2015
Unity Stamp Co. Friends With Flair
Ett Trykk Vi Jubilerer Utfordring 7
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - A Piece of Paradise 

Thanks for your visit.  Hugz



20 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

Oh my! Absolutely AWESOME. Loving the summer colour combo & that paper piecing.....WOWSIES!!!

Ruby said...

Amazing card.

Unknown said...

what a stunning card! I love it!

Stephanie said...

I love the paper pieced rays! Nice job!

Unknown said...

Beautiful!!! Love it!

Lisa :) said...

I absolutely ADORE this card!! The way you did the sunset is....amazing!!!

Dawn Louise said...

Brilliant card, and thank you. to know I've inspired you is a real treat. also hello from FWF

Kay Wallace said...

I so want to be there! This is beautiful!

Unknown said...

Lovely card!

Kim
Craftisan Studios
Design Team Showcase

Cynthia said...

This is gorgeous, Gail! Fabulous paper pieced scene.

Corrie Herriman said...

The first think I thought about when I saw this was Vincent van Gogh. They are his colours ! It is stunning !
Corrie x

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

That is such a great scene, Gail! Great colors.

Dawn Fields said...

This card is stunning! Amazing paper piecing!

Janis said...

Gail.....I first saw your card over on Waffle Flower and thought WOW!!!!! I followed your link over to Dawn's to see how she did it. Looks much easier than I imagined. I have to try it. Great way to use some scraps!!!! Thanks so much for inspiring me. Saw you on Unity FWF.
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Dawn Louise said...

Hi thanks for popping over to my blog. it is easy. at first I was thinkin it would be a bit of guess work getting the papers right, but then it struck me about rectangles. let me know if you have a go, I'd love to see it. x

Sue D said...

wow--cool paper pieced beach.

Donna K said...

This is just WOW...wow!! I love the bold background for this stamp. So unique and those "neon" looking palm silhouettes are amazing. Great card! Hope you had a great weekend! ~Donna K @ Studio307

Shelly said...

WOW.Such a cool card! Thanks for joining us at the Waffle Flower Photo Challenge!

Sandra said...

Really fun card! Love the field of pattern paper! So pretty! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

Torill said...

WOW! Beautiful!!
I realy loved this work of yours! Great take on leftovers!

Thank you for taking part of our Challenge!