Friday 27 February 2015

Not All Right Is Not All Bad

Hello.  Welcome.  Yesterday spring was away and the mojo with it.  Blown away in the strong winds and drowned in the heavy rain.  With snowdrops blooming and other signs of spring it's hard to realise that it's still only February.  Just.  The end of another month is nigh.  I was trying to put something together.  It became an attempt to put anything together.  But it just wasn't to be.  I have a few UFO's to show for it, but whether I will be brave and show these far from perfect objects, or if they will become re-purposed objects, remains to be seen.  So I decided to visit some blog friends who have been constant, but neglected.  And I am inspired anew!!!   With the smell of newly baked chocolate cookies filling the house I reached for Swagger and coloured a bird.   



I have followed the Die-namites sketch and used the Rubber Dance Stamps colours turquoise, deep red and chocolate brown.  I cut and embossed some brown bazzill card using Sizzix Retro Circles embossing folder.  I used Colourbox Alabaster chalk to highlight the embossing.  I cut a piece of music printed vellum.  The heart was cut by hand from Basic Grey paper.  I cut Die-namites die Cute Bonsai three times from the turquoise card, clipped it a bit and added it behind Unity Stamps Co. Swagger bird.  I coloured the bird with watercolour pencils.  I doodled a wire, for him to stand on, and stamped one of the sentiments from the same set onto a piece of the Basic Grey paper.  I clipped the ends of the sentiment to make it a bit more interesting. 

Joining the fun at

Thanks for dropping by.   Hope you are getting inky.  Hugz

24 comments:

Ruby said...

Very cute card.

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

I was trying really hard to figure out that blue die cutting... Bonsi makes sense now... Love it!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Gail :-) the little bird is adorable and the colours and layout are fabulous :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
luv
Lols x x x

Linda said...

what a clever ideal on your card.

Gaylynn said...

This is sweet and looks to have nice texture. I like the uplifting message.

Donna B. said...

Very cute! I love the sweet bird in the heart.

Dawn Louise said...

well your mojo must just be hidden inside not flown away as you done a super job with your ufo hi from FWF x

Iris said...

So pretty - love the bird.
isoscia at aol dot com

Janis said...

I'd say that your mojo has came in for a landing again, Gail, because this is wonderful. LOVE the vibrant colors which you always do so well. Love the way you teamed up that swagger birdie with the music pattern and sweet sentiment. Spring will be here soon...I know because my granddaughter picked me some crocus last week. :) Saw you on Unity FWF.
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

Very pretty! I love the bright, bold colors and that cute little bird!

Lizzy Hill said...

He looks very happy sitting there! Lovely card - the popping colours against the bg are fab!!!!!

Lagene said...

WOW! I love this! fantastic color combo, love that bird!

T.L. Creations said...

Such a FUN creation!! I love the design and all the lovely pops of color! :)

Dawn Fields said...

Fabulous card!

Lisa :) said...

This is really pretty, love the unusual color combo and the die cut details!

Sue D said...

I like the bright colors.

Scrapper Myra said...

Bright and colorful card.

Bibi Lindahl said...

What an adorable bird! So glad to see that your mojo came back, this card is so lovely!! Thank you for playing along in our challenge again :-)
xox

Artatag said...

Very cute! Love this card!

Crystal said...

Very pretty card! I love your background and color combination!

LauraEva said...

Great card! Loving that stamp!

Unknown said...

Really cute!

Kim
Craftisan Studios
Design Team Showcase

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

This is such an absolutely clever card! I am really wow'd by how you used the bonsai die! I love how you made it turquoise! I also think the background is just perfect and I love how the red pops against it. The bird is adorable and I am in awe of your coloring skills! Great job all the way around and I'm so glad you shared this with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

Majo said...

Such an adorable bird! Thank you for playing along in our challenge ♥