Tuesday 24 February 2015

Necessary to Life

Hello.  Welcome.  A special hi and hello to Kelly.  So glad you joined my lovely followers.  Thanks to everyone who follows and visits.  I really appreciate your support and encouragement.  Hugz all round.

Korthobby have a really great photo inspiration this month.  

 
I liked the lattice, I liked the blue and white coffee grinder, I liked the retro lady and the green grey colour of the sign.  So I made this.........



I started by cutting grey card with Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangle die.  Then I used Salty Ocean distress ink through Tando Distorted Harlequin mask.  I left the mask in place and stamped with Kaisercraft Grafitti stamp and black archival.  I cut a piece of white card with the stitched rectangle die and embossed with Sizzix Bricked embossing folder.  Then I added a slither of MME patterned paper that I cut wiggly with a craft knife.  I stamped Flonzcraft Gibson Girl 18, coloured her with watercolour pencils and waterbrush, fussy cut and mounted on some foam pads.  I added some metal charms from Korthobby .  The mmmmmm is a STAMPlorations stamp.  I didn't have a coffee stamp so I used my embossing pen and black embossing powder.  Note to self.... get a coffee stamp LOL.

Joining the fun at
Korthobby Februar Utfordringen - Bildeinspirasjon
FSC #92 - Colour Between the Lines
The Craft Barn Weekly Challenge - Tando
Tando Creative Challenge - Anything Goes
Penny Black and More February Challenge - Anything Goes 

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

20 comments:

massofhair said...

Fabulous page Gail, could you not make a coffee stamp from foam letters? Loving the distorted harlequin mask stencil :-) xxx

Becca Cruger said...

Oooo! Very grungy and cool. Are you getting prepared in advance for the Spring Coffee Lover's blog hop? If you haven't heard, that's starting on Friday!

Lizzy Hill said...

LOOOOVE that masking & blue with the stencil work....looks fabulous!!

Cocofolies said...

I love your card Gail!!! Good luck for these challenges. :)
And about followers, I think I would be happy to follow you, at least as much as possible through BlogLovin' if you could install it maybe?... I don't want to subscribe anymore to individual newsletters as I receive more than 50 mails each day now, and really cannot see all and comment each blog post now since I'm also a working mum with two last young children of 7 to take care (I have also old children haha, I'm not young).. Have a lovely day, Coco xx

Kay Wallace said...

I want that stitch rectangle die, Gail! You did an amazing job using the photo as inspiration. Good luck!

ionabunny said...

Hi Becca. No, I didn't know that. Hugz

ionabunny said...

Hello Coco, thanks for your comment. I do have a bloglovin' button but it seems to have slipped to the bottom of my sidebar. I'll see if I can chivvy it back up. Hugz

ionabunny said...

Hi Kay, thank for your comment. I have become a bit of a stitch die addict. They add such gorgeous detail. Hugz

Unknown said...

Lovely picture

Maggie said...

Fabulous retro card great colours

MaggieH

Craftyfield said...

Love your stamping over the stencil idea, and how it looks behind the lady. Great card!

buterfliecrafter said...

Love the idea of stamping through the stencil. And your lady really is in need of some coffee :-)

Lisenblogg said...

Kjempefint kort du har laget! Takk for at du lot deg inspirere og deltar i Korthobby.no sin utfordring denne måneden! Lykke til og god helg!

Mrs.B said...

Fabulous card, love your take on the sketch with this image, great colour combo too.
Thanks for sharing with us at FSC
Avril x

Unknown said...

Lovely card as usual. Need any more inspiration for good coffee cards please visit friend and neigbour next door. Heard rumours that she has excellent coffee!!! Shares it with pleasure!!

ionabunny said...

ROFL. Mmmmmmmmm, best coffee in town. Hugz

thassos456 said...

Fab card. love how the photo inspired you. :)

Jane said...

Wow, love the stamping through the stencil!! Thank you for joining in the Tando Challenge.
Jane (The Craft Barn) x

Laurart said...

Beautiful image and colours! What a gorgeous card! Thanks so much or joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges this time - Love from Laura xxx

maggie said...

A fabulous page.