Tuesday 3 February 2015

Card Chain Challenge January 2015

Hello.  Welcome.  New year.  New Card Chain Challenge.  You don't know what I'm talking about?  Check it out here and sign up for February.   Make a card, send a card, get a card.  It's so nice to have at least one bit of snail mail every month and this is art, usually from someone you don't know.  It's fun.  Here's the card I made for Nonni in January.  She lives in Finland.  I've never sent a letter to Finland before.  I think that was fun as well.  Here's my card


I coloured my paper with Lavender distress stain.  I stamped Unity Stamp Co. Beautiful soul girl and text with Dusty Concord and Seedless Preserves distress ink.  I added three squares with seedless preserves and then stencilled with Wendy Vecchi's Gold embossing paste.  I coloured some lace with Mowed Lawn and mounted the whole panel on a bright green base card



I bring your attention to the embossing paste.  It certainly got mine!!   This was the first time I used this and was expecting a bright clean gold but ended up with a curious bronze effect.  I have since been told this paste absorbs ink colour, especially water based inks such as distress!!  I quiet like the effect.  Definitely something to remember for future use.  The second time I used it here I also discovered this gold paste is semi-translucent.  A very interesting product.  The stencil is one sent to me by LaVon with the lovely card I received from her as part of last years CCC.  Thanks LaVon.  Hugz

Thanks for your visit.  Don't forget to pop over to Society of Stampaholics for the full January reveal.  And you still have time to sign up for February

Joining the fun at
Simon Says Stamp Work It Wednesday January 2015 - New embossing paste was new
Unity Stamp Co. Friends With Flair

21 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

I ADORE your card...that embossing is soooo yummy! My first exchange was last month & I'm 'in' again for this month - it's great fun!!! Maybe one day we will get paired up!!!!!

ionabunny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ionabunny said...

Thanks Lizzy. Maybe one day. Maybe one day soon. LOL Hugz

Kay Wallace said...

What an absolutely beautiful card, Gail! Great image and the sentiment is "spot on" for today's world. Someone is going to be very happy to receive this!

SmilynStef said...

Love your distress stain background ... what a pretty and serene design.

Becca Yahrling said...

Beautiful card! Love the face with this sentiment.

Doreen said...

This is just beautiful.xxx

Amber Sheaves said...

I love how all those colors just pop against each other. Great card.

Ruby said...

Lovely card.

Crystal said...

Very pretty card! I will have to check that exchange out as I love sending happy mail!

Donna K said...

Gorgeous texture on your beautiful card!

Janis said...

Lovely effect with the embossing paste and the DI. I haven't tried that product but it sure looks interesting!!! Thanks for the inspiration!! Saw you on Unity FWF.
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot,.com

Linda said...

neat card have a great weekend.

nancy y said...

Interesting on the embossing paste - I like the effect you got! And you remind me to get out my stains! This lovely piece will certainly be appreciated over in Finland!

Gaylynn said...

So meaningful. Very creative.

Unknown said...

Really cute card.

Kim Rippere
Craftisan Studios
Design Team Showcase

Dawn Louise said...

Another lovely creation. I like the unexpected of craft stash. Happy days .x FWF

D- said...

I came over from Unity FWF. Your card is beautiful. Thanks for sharing.
Crafty hugs,
Dawn
Designs By Dragonfly {blogspot}

Lagene said...

Love your addition of the embossing paste!

Life of a Caffeinated Mom said...

This is a lovely card. Love the texture you added.

Dawn Fields said...

Such a lovely card!