Sunday 22 February 2015

Cake, Paint and Glitter

Hello.  Welcome.  PaperArtsy have a painty theme going on.  Well, going on for at least a few more minutes LOL.  I saw this post by Anneke and loved the colours and the texture she got.  Here's my take.....



I followed Anneke's directions using GP with PS007 and generic acrylic paint.  Love the texture with the plasterboard tape.  I used a small heart and  a bubble stamp with black and white paint.  Then I stamped an image from LPC007 and splashed about some watercolours.  I fussy cut her and added her to the background.  She looks a little sad!  And unfinished.  



So I ripped a mask from paper to protect the center of my card and used black acrylic around the edges.  Then I used some of the plaster board tape and some gold acrylic to stamp on the black.  

Joining the fun at
PaperArtsy Challenge 3 - Paint
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Add a Little Texture
STAMPlorations February Challenge - Stamps and Hearts 

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

9 comments:

Becca Cruger said...

That plaster tape definitely gives some great texture!

pearshapedcrafting said...

Lover those vibrant colours and the LP image really looks brilliant! Chrisx

Craftyfield said...

Love the archway you've created around her, great card!

Lizzy Hill said...

REALLY clever card! Love how you use bright bold strokes of colour - the work a treat here!!!

Pamellia said...

Brilliant Gail! Wonderful vibrant colours and I just love your drywall tape background! hugs :)

Jo Nevill said...

Super card, love the bright colours you used.

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

Jo x

Kezzy said...

Wow wow wow totally awesome, really love it. Happy Art :-) Kezzy xxx

Dawn Louise said...

Awesome, this looks so good and striking x

Sari / Granne said...

Amazingly fabulous. Love the bright colors combinet with vintage style image. Thank you for joining STAMPlorations.