Friday 27 February 2015

Born Again

Hello.  Welcome.  This is one of the UFO's I produced yesterday.  I made a background using a homemade circle mask and sponged on various blue distress inks



Then I came to a halt.  But today, on reflection, I had an idea.....



I took a piece of the background, cut it into three, mounted on a dark blue base and added a nutcracker from Mark's Finest Papers Nutcracker stamp set.  I obviously was still stuck in purple and green land courtesy of my Promarkers.

Joining the fun at
Speedy Fox and Friends Challenge 250 - Sponged Circle Background
DL ART February Linky Challenge - Anything Goes 
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes 
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Anything Goes 
Ett Trykk Vi Jubilerer Utfordring 13 

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

9 comments:

Vickie Y said...

Beautiful sponged background. Love the colors you used and the image looks great on the background.

DIANA L. said...

I love how this came out The background is great (I Want to try this) and your soldier is fantastic!!
Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes February Linky Party. Have a blessed day
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

Lizzy Hill said...

Fabulous - another amazing bg! Love the image you've used on the front :):)

Kay Wallace said...

Great homemade mask, Gail, providing a lot of interest. I just don't think of using my sponges! Hummmph! I have them, just don't think of them. But, your results here make me want to remember them. Very clever partitioning of your work, and a gorgeous nutcracker, indeed!

Teresa Kline said...

hello Gail! awesome background and coloring...WOW! so glad you played along with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

sparkle & shine! *~*

Lynne Mizera said...

These are Wondeful! And I love all that soft purply thing you have happening - It almost feels like I'm underwater... Grin

Emma Williams said...

I love your background and the image works so perfectly against it! Thank you so much for sharing your project and for joining us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! :)

Dawn Louise said...

Think it looks superb. great colours used and fabulous background x

Elizabeth said...

Love your background, great look! Thanks for joining the challenge over at Ett Trykk. Hugs, Elizabeth