Tuesday 6 January 2015

Happy Little Mojo

Hello.  Welcome.  I am feeling super inspired.  I hope the mojo is with you too.  I think it's something to do with the happy mail which is dropping through the mail box.  I ordered a few things before Christmas but they obviously got held up in the rush.  In a way that's good, cos it was way too hectic before Christmas to play, so now is actually a perfect time for these little packages to arrive.  I've already used these two new dies HERE, but Die-Namites posted their challenge today and it seemed to fit perfectly with an idea I had.  Except for the pink!!   That wasn't in my original idea





I've used my new Die-Namites dies, Deer Birch Background and Floral Deer, minus the leafy antlers, and combined with my old favourites, distress inks.  The background die was cut from black card, but I didn't cut the bottom edge so the deer remain attached to the ground.  The single deer was cut from card coloured with pink distress inks.  Again I didn't cut the bottom of the die so the deer stays attached to the ground.  I then cut this to shape with a knife.  I mounted this deer on foam pads.  



The top of the panel was a ripped edge which had been well inked.  I liked it but it was too high for the card so I ripped a piece off.  TOO MUCH!!!  So I tore the detached piece in half, inked all the edges and layered all the pieces back together.  I think it adds an interesting feature to the top of the card.  Then I added a pointy banner which I stamped with  a sentiment and stars from YNS Diva Jade set. 

Joining the fun at
Die-Namites Sketch and Dare Challenge I've inverted the sketch LOL
Die Cut Divas Challenge - Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Make New Friends, But Keep The Old

Thanks for your visit.  Hugz. 

10 comments:

Kay Wallace said...

The dies are perfect, Gail, but how you use them is what's amazing here. I have a difficult time using pinks, but your have done such a great job here with shading that you may just have inspired me to try again! Great works coming out of your studio in 2015!!

Unknown said...

Great job with the challenge. I love those dies and how you used them. Thanks for playing along with the Die-namites Sketch & Dare Challenge for Jan. 2015. I always look forward to your creations. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful project! Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!!! - Ashli :)

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love your little scene and that is a wonderful die to own. I might have to make an order for it some day.

Arlene said...

I like how you used the both the dies, what a great scene.

So glad you could join us at Die Cut Divas.

Cathie Borowski said...

Wow, I love how you have incorporated the traditional black silhouette and the pink silhouette, it looks fantastic. Thanks for joining the Diecut Divas Anything Goes Challenge. Cathie DT

Peggy Lee said...

Fabulous, I love how you used the dies in your creations...thanks for playing along with the Die~Namites Sketch & Dare Challenge for Jan. 2015!! best of luck

Susie Bentz: My Time to Play said...

Oh wow! Love this - It looks great turned upside-down! Thanks for playing along with the January Sketch and Dare Challenge at Die-namites!

Anniesstampingcorner said...

Gorgeous awesome job

Lynne Forsythe said...

Wow Gail, what an inspiring card!! Just love how you "FIXED" you mistake....looks WONDERFUL. Thank you for playing along with Die~Namites Dies January Sketch Challenge and Dare!!!!