Friday 22 August 2014

After The Cupcake Is Over

Hello.  Welcome.  A special hi to kb9upk who recently joined my little following.  So lovely to have you along.  In case anyone is wondering about the chocolate and courgette muffins all I can say is


YUM!!

I have recently become enamored by Unity Stamps and all the fun things they do.  I had some new stamps arrive and one of them was 'My Panda Balloon'.  So cute.  The first thing that struck me was that the balloon resembled a baby panda and so a baby card was born.  So to speak.....



I've used STAMPlorations sketch for my LO and the colours were inspired by this months Unity Challenge colour inspiration.  I used a dark green base card.  Added a layered of green marbled card which I covered in orange splatters and some black archival smudges.  The ivy paper is from a Sizzlits pad, a piece of orange card and a piece of Making Memories Spook Alley patterned paper.  The 'baby' is Sizzix Baby Clothes Line decorative strip die and the leafy flourishes are part of Crafty Individuals Victoria Corner die.  I stamped the photo frame from SMAK Sept 2012 kit on the bottom of the Spook Alley paper to ground the panda.  I stamped Unity 'My Panda Balloon' and cut out both pandas.  Then I layered the baby on the big panda, covered with Wink of Stella clear and glossy accents.  


So cute or what??

Joining the fun at
The Unity Stamp Company - Friends with Flair
The Unity Stamp Company Challenge 19 - Colour
STAMPlorations Sketch Challenge 18
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Anything Goes 
Papertake Weekly - To Die For 
Pretty Pink Posh Cutting Edge Blog Hop 

Thanks for your visit.  Your thoughts are appreciated.  Hugs

25 comments:

Ruby said...

Very cute card.

Carol L said...

This is so cleverly created and so darned cute! I love the autumn colors and pretty papers along with that cute little panda! NJ!

Amy C. said...

Very sweet!

Crystal said...

I am dying of cuteness overload, your card is SO adorable! My daughter loves pandas right now, I may need to put this stamp on my wishlist pronto!

Lindsey said...

This is adorable! Great baby card.

Dawn Fields said...

So adorable!

Sue D said...

Very cute. I like the paper and the shine.

Rubeena I. said...

so so so so adorable!! I love the pandas!

Kris B said...

Cute baby card! Love those adorable pandas!

ionabunny said...

Thank you all for your lovely comments. Hugs

Lucinde | Lucilight said...

Cute panda!

Kay Wallace said...

A great panda stamp and a great idea and a great baby card, Gail! Love your non-traditional color palette! Make it unique!

Angie C. D. said...

What a sweet and adorable card!!!!

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

What a fabulous and unique baby card! I love that you went with a nontraditional color palette and how you incorporated so many floral elements. It is both adorable (panda) and sophisticated at the same time. Thanks for inspiring me to re-evaluate how I would make a baby card! I'm so glad you shared this with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Unknown said...

such a cute panda

Angeline Choo said...

Gail, this is just the cutest ever! Love that pandas. :D

Sylvia said...

Such a cute panda, super card. Bet the cupcakes were fab, I have a recipe for a courgette cake which is yummy.

Sylv xx

Gaylynn said...

It's adorable how you made the pandas. :)

Jenny said...

What adorable little pandas! Great for a baby card!

JPScraps said...

Too cute! That's a genius idea to use that stamp for a baby card!!

Mary-Anne V said...

adorable baby card...very cute pandas.

Miwa said...

Oh, this is so cute! Adorable card!

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

what a cute panda...

maria f. said...

Mama bear holding baby bear ... what a sweet idea for a baby card. Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations.

Shery Russ said...

What a fun and cute card!