Friday 25 July 2014

Owl Be Seeing You

Hello.  Welcome.  I haven't been crafting much recently.  Quite honestly it's just too hot.  Yesterday it was 35C (95F) in the shade!  In the sun it was 45C (113F)!!!!!!   Welcome to Norway.  Me, the cat and the rabbits can't get enough shade.  Really hoping the temps will drop soon and maybe even a little rain???  Haven't seen much of that the last few months either.  Today, because it is temporarily a little cooler inside than out, I decided to try a few things I have been lazily thinking about.  

I have been following along over at the Dreamweaver blog where the last couple of weeks Lynell has been showing ways with the new owl dies and embossing pastes.  She is very open to ideas and has had lots of useful comments and suggested we try out a few of our own suggestions.  Great idea.  I suggested Iris Folding the large owl die so here's my take.  



I used Spellbinders large owl die to cut my aperture in silver card.  Not the best for photographing but looks great in the real.  For a change I was smart and using Tando Creative Bamboo Group stencil and Dreamweavers matte yellow embossing paste I added the perch and leaves.  I say I was smart because impatient crafter tried to 'save time' and ended up smudging one set of leaves beyond recognition.  So glad I hadn't done the iris folding.  So I started again and only ended up with a slight smudge which I have cunningly covered with the sentiment.  Hee hee.  By the by, I got the green paste by adding Pine Needles distress crackle paint to the yellow paste.  


Tah dah!!  Even more shiny papers cos we like to give the photographer a hard time!!  Me likey.  The papers are all from my stash.  I love iris folding with a bit of pattern and texture.  The sentiment stamp is from Crafty Individuals and I have inked my edges with VersaMagic Tea Leaves and DI Mowed Lawn

Joining the fun at
DREAM It Up - Stencils are to Die for
Country View Challenges - Stencil It
Tando Creative Challenges - Come Fly With Me
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Emboss It 

Thanks for dropping by.  Hoping to get another couple of projects finished before it gets too hot in my little crafty space, although it is hotting up fast!  Take care.  Hugs

5 comments:

Margik said...

This owl is fabulous! I love it.

Lynell Harlow / Dreamweaver Stencils said...

Brilliant owl card, Iona! I love iris folding too, and haven't done it in awhile...not enough hours in the day. Thanks for acting on your desire to share with us and joining the challenge this month. We have another week to go...you could even do another one....why not?! Ha!

Juliz Design Post said...

What a fabulous cheery looking card Gail. I have never tried this type of card but love the look so effective.
Julie x

Kaz said...

Fabulous owl and great use of the Bamboo stencil with the paste! Thanks for joining this month's challenge at Tando.

Melissa Bove said...

Adorable card! That owl is super cute!! Love it!!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa