Saturday 28 June 2014

Totally Clueless

Hello.  Welcome.  It's the weekend so usually my mornings are devoted to madly finishing and posting projects.  For some reason I decided to be responsible and get myself out in the garden to do a few jobs that have been on the list for far too long.  This means that the card for STAMPlorations and the journal page for Darcy remain unposted and I missed both deadlines.  How silly was that!!   But I do get 10/10 for gardening.   

In an attempt to join in before I missed anymore linky deadlines I checked out the PaperArtsy blog to find that Clare Lloyd had posted number 2 face of the month.  Really enjoyed proving to myself last month that maybe I can draw so thought I'd have another go.  And just to complete my totally clueless afternoon I have just realised I am on Saturday, not Sunday so the PA linky doesn't close for another day.  Gosh, I may be early for something today after all.   Happy Dancing and LOL


Here's my initial sketch onto a #7 manilla tag.  



Tah dah.  I coloured her face with FF Rose and added a little magenta to it to get the cheek/lips highlights.  The hair is FF Butternut with a bit of homemade brown added for the highlights.  The background is FF Limelight stamped with the little bubble stamp from PaperArtsy SM12.  I used Promarkers for her eyes, the outlines and the caterpillers eyebrows.  A couple of flowers stamped with JM34 and coloured with FF Pansy and Limelight and a couple of hearts from SM12 stamped and coloured with DI Picked Raspberry


I added some wool, its like a flat knitted ribbon, and a silver bead.  

Joining the fun at
PaperArtsy
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp Work It Wednesday June 2014  

Thanks for your visit.  I am looking forward to being caught up with all my little jobs soon and then there will be more time to play.  Have a great weekend.  Hugs

8 comments:

Annie said...

This is a super cute tag Gail and sure to be treasured.

Fabulous image and colours
TFS
Annie x

Anonymous said...

Terrific tag, love the colours.

Clare Lloyd said...

She is ace. I love the lime green and the flowers in her pig tails. Thanks for joining us at PaperArtsy. X

Anonymous said...

Fab face Gail! xxx

Kay Wallace said...

A sweet tag! I am so proud of you...no, not for being ahead of schedule, but for continuing to draw! I also love that you topped her off with your wool ribbon and silver bead!

Deepti said...

What a fun colorful tag! I like the expression u created for that face :)

Jingle said...

Very fun tag! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge blog for the Anything Goes Challenge!

Sylvia said...

Love your sketch and the wonderful end result, wonderful Gail.

Sylv xx