Wednesday 23 April 2014

Witch Job Share

Hello.  Welcome.  It took me 5 attempts to spell witch!!  I blame it on too much sun!!  Hurray, the sun.  Four days in a row and a toasty 19C in the shade.  Amazing.  Lots of garden time.  Things are certainly springing......  No baby bunnies yet though!  Hopefully some will appear later this week. Was hoping for a fluffy birthday present but never mind......

I've been working on a little something using the sketch from Papirdokkene, the recipe from Joan's Touch using pastel colours for The Greeting Farm, and Cheery Lynn wanted something for Mother's Day.  Phew!!  Kay, I hear you laughing!  It all came together and looks something like this......


I've used the little witch from The Greeting Farm Spooktacular set.  She's providing holiday cover for the Fairy Godmother.  Tooth Fairy gigs are much more her line but the Tooth Fairy only takes summer vacations cos she's always so busy from Halloween through Easter what with all the extra candy consumption.  I paper pieced her with lilac paper and added Wink of Stella clear.  I've used a purple base card and added a purple layer embossed using Nellie Snellen Flowers and Leaves embossing folder.  I added a white layer embossed using Cheery Lynn Diamond and Starburst embossing plate.  I cut Cheery Lynn Tiny Bubbles Border in white and added some purple ribbon which has a silver rose pattern.  I cut Cheery Lynn Pocket Watch and backed it with some apricot paper.  Hope that's OK Joan LOL  The flowers are Cheery Lynn BAF #1 and Wheat Heads cut in purple paper.  All the edges were distressed and coloured with VersaMagic Perfect Plumeria.  I also used this ink to highlight the embossing and flowers. 



The tag is cut from MME paper.  I've use the same purple ribbon and distressed inked edges.  I decided this was the perfect thing for a mother's day card, a voucher for child minding.  What mother doesn't need an evening off?



Of course this idea could be adapted for any special occasion where you want to give your time or skills.  


Isn't she sweet.  Gotta love the Wink.  
 
My card joining the fun at

Thanks for your visit.  Hope you are having sunshine.  Hugs

9 comments:

Gry-Heidi said...

Flott kort med koselig motiv!
Takk for at du deltar på skisseutfordringen hos Papirdokkene:)

Annie said...

a gorgeous sweet card in lovely spring colours. TFS Annie x

Karen said...

I love the pullout note Gail! Your card is super fabulous and I love the bubble border and sweet purple flowers. Thanks for playing along in this week's Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

Kay Wallace said...

Laughing? I was dumbstruck by that sentence and had to read it 5 times!! I also have to admit that if I had seen all your elements for this card lying separate on the table, I would have asked myself, "What is she thinking???" But, looking at the finished card, it is a winner, for sure! Versatile, too, as your little miss could also be in a cap and gown for graduation! Thanks for sharing, Gail!

Mrs. Swandog said...

Very cute card! I love love your tag!

Sheri Gilson said...

Adorable! Love the fun pull out tag!

craftytrog said...

Such a cute card Gail! Thanks for sharing it with us at The Artistic Stamper.
Alison xxx

Corina said...

Nice Card! - Love your use of the Pocket Watch! Thank you so much for joining our challenge at Cheery Lynn Designs this week. Good Luck and hope to see you again!

Gunn (Merete) said...

Hei
flott bruk av disene. Tusen takk for at du deltar i utfordringen vår hos StampArtic.