Saturday 19 April 2014

Through the Dragon's Eye

Hello.  Welcome.  It's a lovely sunny day.  Hurray.  So why am I sitting in crafting??!!!  Well..... I had a quick peek over at PaperArtsy and JOFY has been playing with the masterboard we made previously.  Mine's here.  Going to have a go at some of the other lovely ideas real soon but just had to, had to! make one of these chalkboard cards. 


A tad frustrated with the photography.  I though natural light would give a better photo  but having trouble with the colour balance.  Third time lucky, although I'm sure my edges are straighter than in this photo!!  I mentioned in my masterboard post that I thought it needed some yellow.  I started filling in the background but it was taking sooooooo long I only did a small area.  Enough to cut this cute little circle.  I've stamped the flower again on white card, cut it out and stuck on top of my masterboard circle.  I've used SIDD5 It's Your Birthday stamps and a galaxy marker for my lines.  The sentiment, bubbles and flower were stamped using Docraft Artiste white pigment ink.  The printed tissue was supplied by my friend Kay, HI KAY, and I used a piece of Forever in Time paper tape.  

Really liked this so decided to try it with a piece of the masterboard without the yellow background.  


Maybe this is better.  The white background more in keeping with the chalkboard colours. 

Joining the fun at

Thanks for your visit.  Off to soak up some sun.  Big hugs


13 comments:

Kathi said...

Wonderful cards!

Your JOFY masterboard worked out great for these. I like both the yellow and white versions and like the chalkboard look.

Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designers Challenges!

Darcy Marshall said...

Both versions look great, even the wonky one lol that yellow is so zesty and fresh against the black and white.

Kay Wallace said...

I love seeing you use that tissue paper and a bit of your very own masterboard, Gail! All the layering works well together. I like the chalkboard idea...just might have to try that one!!

Kay Wallace said...

Oh, yes...and thanks so much for participating in the Stampotique Designers' Challenge this week!

Etsuko said...

Both cards are wonderful, especially first card I like and background is cute! xx

Lucy Edmondson said...

This is really striking and fab!

Lucy x

brenda said...

Rather belatedly I am afraid Gail but just wanted to say that your creation is lovely, perfect for our Blssoms and Blooms theme and thanks so much for sharing with us at Penny Black and More challenge.

B x (Not sure if you entered my Grand Calibur candy here if not there is still time to do so)

Sue said...

These are really fab Gail, maybe the bottom one does 'go' better but I love the bright zingy yellow. Thanks so much for joining us at Stampotique. Sue xx

Kaz said...

These are lovely! Thanks for joining us again at Stampotique.

Tanja said...

I love the colorful point against the dark background. It looks fabulous. Thank you for joining us at SDC this week!

Mervi said...

Beautiful design, so lovely card.
Thank you for sharing at Penny Black and more,
good luck and welcome again;-))m

Corrie Herriman said...

Love that colour pop on the black background ! Thanks for joining us at Stampotique this week !
Corrie x

Whisper said...

Simply stunning and thanks for joining us at Penny Black & More this month and good luck, Luv Sam x