Wednesday 30 April 2014

Record Breaking

Hello.  Welcome.  The post man came a few hours ago bringing happy mail.  I think this must be a record for me.  Happy mail to blog post in only a few hours.  The mail in question was Poppystamps Bountiful Sunflower die which I was lucky enough to win in their recent blog hop.  It spurred me along to finish a very simple project for the Scor-Pal challenge Monochromatic



I used my Scor-pal to score horizontal and vertical lines on my card.  I've seen this done but didn't realise how quickly, easily and effectively it transforms a flat card into something so much more interesting.  I used Dried Marigold Distress Ink pad to highlight the lines.  The over spill is a pleasing side effect.  Then I cut the Poppystamp Bountiful Sunflower from some orange patterned paper and backed it with orange card.  I had to fussy cut the back piece because I don't have the matching die.  Will have to do something about that!  This is definitely going to be a popular cut.  I also extended the stem slightly to take it off the card.  The sentiment is a stamp from PaperArtsy SIDD5 set which I stamped in Dried Marigold and then again in Black Archival. 

Joining the fun at
Scor-pal More Than One Score Challenge - Monochromatic
Bunny Zoe's Crafts April Challenge - Distress
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes
StampARTic April Challenge - Dies

Thanks for your visit.  Can you believe it's the end of April already?  A few things to craft before the witching hour.  Back soon.  Hugs

2 comments:

Laura Sterckx said...

This card is gorgeous. Love the flowers and the color scheme! Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge Blog! :)

Liz's creative corner said...

Wow gorgeous card, loving the colours and design, thanks for sharing with us at Bunny Zoe's, hugs Liz xx