Sunday 13 April 2014

Moving Load

Hello.  Welcome.  I hope Spring and the sun have found you.  There are signs of Spring here.  A few leaves breaking on the trees.  Colour in the Magnolia buds.  Bird wars in the bushes.  Today it is cold and windy and wet, so despite the signs I'm snuggled up inside with a desk full of partly finished projects.  

Lots of good inspiration over at PaperArtsy again this week and I decided to do a quick make, that of course took longer than expected, inspired by Helen's tag.   The crafting has been a bit stop and start.  Despite the bad weather people have been dropping in all afternoon, although some came with Thai food and cake so no complaints ;-)   Nam Nam.   I have made a pink ATC!  Not my usual colours but I am having urges to use red and pink at the moment.  Maybe it's because these colours are so lacking in the landscape and I am wishing  for warmer times.  


See.  Pink.  I stamped the snail on paper with a pink pattern and paper pieced the arrows on it's shell.  Despite the moustache snails are a bit of both so it's an it, or maybe a hem??  His, hers, hems?  May coin that.  I backed it with book paper, Norwegian text, and some script paper.  Then I layered on torn pink handmade paper and a hot pink ATC.  I stamped with Crafty Individuals splat stamp and DI Walnut Stain here and there and everywhere.  I used fancy scissors to cut the ends, made some holes and filled them with various fibers.  The watch and the sofa are metal charms from Korthobby.  Moving home maybe......


Joining the fun at
PaperArtsy
Korthobby Utfordring April - Alt er Lov 
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Journey 
Stampotique Designers Challenge 141 - A Bit of Humour 
Bunny Zoe's Crafts March Challenge - Monochrome

Thanks for dropping by.  Hope you are having a great weekend and getting time to be crafty.  Still time to sign up for CCC.  Hugs

10 comments:

Julie Lee said...

Nice, bright and vibrant tag. Julie Ann xx

Hazel Agnew said...

Absolutely love it. Love his moustache and watch. Love the shocking pink. Feathers are a flamboyant touch. Gorgeous.

Lucy Edmondson said...

This is such fun, Gail! I love Thai food and cake myself. That made me laugh, nam nam!

Lucy x

LindaSS said...

For ett herlig og morsomt kort... her var det masse detaljer.. digger hvordan du har brukt den herlige klokken fra Korthobby... tusen takk for at du deltar hos oss nå i april...

Klem LindaSS

Stamping With Bibiana said...

wonderful and very colorful tag
bises bibiana

Kay Wallace said...

Though pink is not one of my favorite colors, Gail, I love how you have so festively used it here on your fringed ATC! Brilliant!

Darcy Marshall said...

Ha! He's a cooldude in pink.. Exploring his feminine side perhaps.

I did eyes for you here. http://art-and-sole.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/melancholy-maria.html?m=1

Sylvia said...

Love this vibrant fun ATC, fabulous embellishments and snail.

Sylv xx

Alrik said...

Very nice project. The style is beautiful.

Kaz said...

This is fab! Thanks for joining us again at Stampotique.