Friday 25 April 2014

Like a Bird On The Wire

Hello.  Welcome.  I have been playing along with Darcy's journal challenge and despite having a month to join in I still manage to leave it to the last minute!  When I saw Darcy's pages this month there were some stamps that immediately leaped to mind but the colours have had me a bit flummoxed.  Despite knowing I don't have anything like them and must move past it it still became a bit of a block.  How silly is that??  Anyway I realised I was running out of time but yesterday the sun ran off with the mojo leaving us grey and uninspired.  Today I was feeling blue and decided that if I didn't start I certainly wouldn't get very far so I threw some paint at my journal page and it then one thing led to another...


 Ripped book paper and a variety of blue acrylic paints



A stamp from MME Indie Chic Ginger Picture stamp set, pansy and snowflake fresco finish paint



Frame and border stamp from Simon Says Stamp Artful Borders stamp set.  The zig zag border is also coloured with blue Galaxy Marker.  Interlude to go and round up some sheep.  It's all happening here. 



I've used a previously made orange brayered background.  I stamped with the little round stamp from PaperArtsy SIEN10F, fussy cut and stuck them round the frame.  Dream is Sizzix Movers and Shapers die and the frame is stamped on the same background using another stamp from the Simon Says Stamp set.  The moth is cut using a PaperArtsy Moth die and stamped with the moth from USNT4.  The moth is not stuck down yet, maybe I should have placed him in the frame but I am still debating with myself over orange or blue flowers.  What do you think???  Also I want to add some white details but my gelly roll is just about dead so we will call this a work in progress. 

Joining the fun at
PaperArtsy Darcy Journalling Month 3
Stamping Sensations April Challenge 
A Sprinkle of Imagination - Anything Goes 

Thanks for dropping by.  Thanks for your comments.  Please feel free to let me know what you think, about this or anything else.  LOL  Hugs. 

4 comments:

Darcy Marshall said...

Really nice, I love your chosen stamps in the background, look forward to seeing how you chose to finish it.

I use a gelly roll pen sometimes but more often a white posca pen, and when that runs out I do white dots with Snowflake and a very fine brush or a cocktail stick.

Kay Wallace said...

I would love to see your moth inside the frame, Gail. See what you think. So far, I love the color palette and detailed background. Even as a "work in progress," its still great!

brenda said...

What a super creation Gail and great use of your Dies and Punches, thanks so much for sharing your lovely work with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x (My Grand Calibur candy is still running here)

Sylvia said...

Great work in progress.

Sylv xx