Thursday 3 April 2014

In Stitches

Hello.  Welcome.  Another sunny day.  Another frosty night.   Maybe the weather is like life.  One minute up, the next down.  Say la doo dah.  


I decided to go black and white.  Can't really call it colouring since I just added some black promarker to my stamped image.   This is Pretty Hat from The Greeting Farm.  I've stitched a button to her hat.  My layers are all handmade paper.  The first black layer is actually two, although that doesn't show in the picture.  You can see the texture on the top layer.  I stitched them together using Scary Monster, aka my sewing machine, with a fancy stitch.  Looks like what you get on a heart monitor to prove you are still with the living.  I used a piece of white organza and a narrow white ribbon across the card and the sentiment is a Kort og Godt stamp. 

My card joining the fun at
The Greeting Farm FFF - In Stitches
Loves Rubber Stamps Challenge 97 - Anything Goes
Bunny Zoe's Crafts March Challenge - Monochrome
Crafty Ribbons Challenge 83 - Anything Goes with a Ribbon
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Anything Goes 

Thanks for your visit.   Your comments are all read and appreciated.  Hugs

11 comments:

Corrie Herriman said...

Love this card, I love the black and white, great job !
Corrie x

La Vikinga said...

Hi; I know I'm a bit late leaving this comment for the past weeks challenge at Crafty Ribbons, but I like your card so I just wanted to say that and say welcome back!!

Greetings from La Vikinga, Crafty Ribbons Design Team

La Vikinga said...

Hi! I think I made a mistake mentioning this card was for last week at Crafty ribbons? I'm so sorry for that; you're correct, your card is for this weeks challenge! Black and white card is so elegant! Thanks for joining in!

La Vikinga / Crafty Ribbons

Kay Wallace said...

Another wonderful card, Gail! You are certainly no "cookie cutter" creator, as each is unique. Love the fancy stitching tying up your background and showcasing that sweet girl stamp! Nicely done!

Laura said...

Gail, I love this! So elegant in black and white.
Thanks so much for joining us at Crafty Ribbons this week
Laura

Athina said...

I love just the black and white! Great technique! Thanks for playing with us at Loves Rubberstamps!

PaperDaisies said...

Love all the stitching. Such a great design. Looks fabulous in black and white. Thank you for joining us over at Loves Rubberstamps. Hugs Nina

Emma Williams said...

Great card, I love it and adore that you've used just black and white to create it! Thank you so much for sharing your project and for joining us over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog... :)

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

OMGosh this is so super cute! I love it. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

Crafty Ribbons said...

Thank you for joining in with our Challenge at Crafty Ribbons love the stitching x

Vicky said...

Fabulous card love the image.
Thank you for joining us over at Bunny Zoes, hope you will join us in our next challenge, good luck.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx