Saturday 19 April 2014

Giving is More Important

Hello. Welcome.  This project started life as an A4 piece of lilac card, because the Cheery Lynn challenge this week is purple, and one of my favourite quotes about change inspired by this fortnights challenge at The Craft Barn.  



My base card is lilac and all the papers are shades of purple.  All my dies are Cheery Lynn, Ship's Compass, Owls With Gears, Pocket Watch, Spring Flower Burst Doily and Angel Wing, Spider Web Mesh Border.  I used motifs that to me symbolise change.  I used a purple Sharpie to write the quote and outlined with a white Sakura Gelly Roll pen.  The brads and the little clock are Storyteller.  I distressed the edges of my card and inked with DI Dusty Concord and VersaMagic Perfect Plumeria.  

I don't know where this quote comes from and have decided it doesn't matter.  I am sure more than one person has said this, I know I have said it many times myself.  It doesn't matter who said it first, just that it was said.  I have decided that since it's my birthday in a few days, and since it is something I should think and act more on, that I am going to keep this for myself.  To remind me. 

Joining the fun at
Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge 128 - Pretty in Purple
The Craft Barn Q&L Challenge - Change/Truth
Joan's Touch Challenge 9 - Dies, no stamps, layers, any colours
Storyteller Norge Utfordring 14 - Charms
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Winged Things

Thanks for dropping by.  Hope you are having a great Easter weekend.  I'm certainly enjoying the sunshine.  Hugs

9 comments:

shulsart said...

Iona, this will make a wonderful wall plaque. Great combination of dies and wonderful sentiment. Great job on your lettering. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

Rhonda Van Ginkel said...

I love the mix of dies that you've used here, they really worked nicely for your card!

Thank you so much for joining our challenge this week at Cheery Lynn Designs!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm here from the Craft Barn, and I was amazed at your drawing skills. The lettering was brilliant, and so is the quote.

Happy birthday in a few days, too.

massofhair said...

Not seen this quote before, thank you for bringing it to my attention, it is so true...

Lovely colours and embellishments, a fab piece :-) xxx

BJ said...

Super quote, love the owl. BJ

Kay Wallace said...

You're certainly right, Gail, and that this a quote worth repeating, no matter who said it first. I think I have most recently seen it on Pinterest, without credit! I love the DI inks you have used, and the lettering is totally awesome. I am sure that it did take a lot of time and energy, but so worth it in the end, my friend...so worth it!

Alrik said...

Very nice project

Michelle said...

I love that purple! Thank you for sharing your work with us for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. ~Michelle

Joan Fricker said...

Gail, what a pretty card. Love that purple. You did an excellent job writing the verse. Great job.
Thanks for joining us again at Joan's Touch for this challenge.
Joan
www.joanstouch.com