Friday 4 April 2014

Casing CAS

Hello.  Welcome.  Over at PaperArtsy Joanne is back with a CAS style card.  Jo always makes it look so easy and for a change this is my first attempt, so that's a definite plus.  Usually it takes me a few goes because there's not enough, or more likely, too much ink somewhere I didn't want it. 


I say my style is simple, not CAS, so the urge to ink the edges and add a large block of London Bus is almost overwhelming.  Resist.  Resist.  Have some chocolate.  Resist.  My stamps are all PaperArtsy. SIDD5, the swirl and the sentiment, and then the long fringe is from EDY06.  I've used Fresco Finish Pansy and Rose and also added some gold dots using a Pilot gold marker.   

Joining the fun at
PaperArtsy
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Happy Birthday 
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Anything Goes 

Thanks for your visit.  All comment, on whatever you want to comment on, read and appreciated.  Hey look, it's the weekend!  Hugs

12 comments:

Clare Lloyd said...

fab card. thanks for joining us @ PaperArtsy this week. x

PaperArtsy said...

haha @ London bus, so funny. I am the same. CAS is near impossible for me.

Colleen said...

I'd say the same thing about adding more, but I'm going to give it a try. It looks like fun and yours turned out wonderful.

Contagiously Crafty said...

Glad you resisted the urge, that card is wonderful! So glad to have found you through the Simon Says Stamp challenge.

Etsuko said...

Brilliant card! Fab stamping and sentiment's font. xx

Hazel Agnew said...

I also find it difficult to resist overkill. London Bus would have been a bus crash!!

Trish said...

Mmmm, chocolate...
Love the cared, it's perfectly simple - well done not going overboard!

Sylvia said...

A great CAS card, love the birthday stamp.

Sylv xx

Sandra said...

Stunning card! Love the simplicity of it! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card...have some more chocolate Gail! Lol!
Alison xxx

Julie Lee said...

Wow! I am impressed! This is clean, simple and effective! It looks terrific! Julie Ann xxx

Lucy Edmondson said...

Love this, Gail, it looks great!

Lucy x