Friday 28 March 2014

Journal Technique

Hello.  Welcome.  It's been a busy old week.  Spring has arrived, at least for a few days, and much time has been spent outdoors.  A month ago Darcy was showing some amazing techniques with the Art Journal and I have been dabbling now and again.  Suddenly the deadline is looming and it's a lovely sunny day!!!   As luck would have it the farmers decided to spread cow muck today and despite the sun I have stayed in because the smell is horrendous.  My man was out for a while and came in smelling awful.  It just clings to you.  So, I have had a go at finishing my AJ page.  



Here's my page and faux tags.  Really pleased how they turned out.  I used a prima mask in the background with chocolate pigment ink and stamps from EDY06.  I hav followed quite closely with Darcy's method.  Loved using the ruler to make the tag on the right look like ledger paper.  The tag holes look better in the picture than in the real I think but I am pleased with the drop shadow which I created using promarkers.  The tag on the right is coloured using promarkers.  I went round the edge with a thin black marker and then added some inky smudgy fingerprints to the corners and the edge to make it look like I had inked the edge.  The sentiment is from USFD1 stamped onto an area I masked and made white with my paint marker.  Added some shadows round with promarkers.  



This is the real tag I made.  I was dissapointed my crackle didn't crackle but once I used the prima stencil I used for the background with some cream acrylic I thought it looked a bit old wood so happy in the end.  I stamped the tree from EDY06 on tissue and added itand also the sentiment from the same set.  



Had to make one of those darling butterflies.  Used Prima Fairy Belle flowers and they came this colour which was great.  

Joining the fun at
Paperartsy - Darcy Journalling Month 2
I Love Promarkers Challenge 212 - Anything Goes 

Thanks for dropping by.  Have a great weekend.  Hugs

4 comments:

Darcy Marshall said...

Great work, thankyou for joining in. love your little butterfly, I can see me making loads more of those lol

I don't envy the smell outside, the downfall of being near a farm but there must be upsides too, is it pretty countryside where you live?

i would love to see photos, my cousin has lived over there for 30yrs but they are in Oslo.

ionabunny said...

Hi Darcy, thanks for your comment. The butterfly was such fun to make. Will definitely be doing more of these. Yes, I am very lucky to be living in a very beautiful part of Norway, all fjords and mountains.

Janet said...

great pages Gail your background is terrific, love your butterfly & tags
Janet

Laney said...

fabulous work and project hun!Thanks for joining us at I♥ Promarkers this time
hugs
laney