Saturday 8 February 2014

Painting On Silence

Hello.  Welcome.  Well, two weeks has wizzed by and there are only a few hours left to post over at The Craft Barn's Q & L Challenge.  This time the words were Silence and Dazzle.  I immediately thought of Simon and Garfunkel and The Sound of Silence but despite racking my little noggin I wasn't sure how to make that into a card.  So still feeling musical I found a great quote by Leopold Stokowski, a British conductor of Polish descent.  Here's my depiction of 

"A painter paints his pictures on canvas.  But musicians paint their pictures on silence.  We provide the music, and you provide the silence"  Leopold Stokowski


I embossed a piece of silver cardstock with Sizzix Carnivale folder.  I stuck a piece of velum to the same cardstock and cut a long triangle and added it to the embossed card.  I printed the quote onto white card, after messing about a bit with the fonts, distressed the edge and added DI Vintage Photo.  The notes were cut with Sizzix Music Notes die, coloured with various DI's and stamped with ColourBox Imperial Achival Dye ink using a script stamp.  I used the same ink around the card edge and smudged it around a bit.   The bee is a Crafty Individuals stamp. 


This card joining the fun at

Thanks for dropping by.  Back soon. 

3 comments:

Sylvia said...

Wonderful quote and depiction, love the music background and the random fonts used for the quote.

Sylv xx

TwinkleToes2day said...

Visiting from The Craft Barn - So, so pretty. Perfect use of the colours and the quote is fab! :o)

Craftyfield said...

What a nice quote! Love how you used different fonts on your text and the music notes theme all the way through.