Wednesday 18 December 2013

Tutu Snow Queens

Hello and welcome.  Getting in some last minute Christmas cards.  I've been playing with my Art Impression stamp Dancers.  I don't know what it is about this stamp but it always gives me big ideas.  I always see my dancers on a roof in the moonlight, or in a snowy forest.  The one on the left looks like she should have a blue rinse, the one on the right is a blonde, the one in the front looks like a very efficient secretary with dark hair and the other one is a redhead.  I don't know why but this is how I see them.  These gals have attitude.....

 

I started by making a snowy background.  I used Hero Arts Stunning Snowflakes stamp and embossed them with pale blue embossing powder.  I cut three piece of white card and layered them to give me some snowy slopes.  I used VersaMagic Aegean Blue chalk ink along the edges and to add some shadows.


Here they are.  They have their Christmas tutu's on.  I stamped them twice and fussy cut them.  The secretary and the blond have been cut out a second time and mounted on foam pads.  The picture looks a bit flat but in the real it pops!    Oh, no forest, just a snowy scene.   And some crazy gals dancing in the snow just for the joy of it. 

Joining the fun at
Art Impressions - Making Spirits Bright
Stamping Sensations - Free and Easy
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Let it Snow
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Stamp Out 2013
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge 155 - Whatever is Urgent
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra for December

Thanks for your visit.   Hope it's all merry and bright with you. 

11 comments:

Deli-аrt said...

Suuuuper!!!! positive sea!!! is very original and fun!

WendyK said...

Those dancers are great fun, love it.

brenda said...

What a real fun card, thanks so much for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

Lorraine A said...

Fabulous card Gail :-) this really made me smile ,, haha I love the whole scene here ,,, brilliant !! :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
luv
Lols x x x

Kay Wallace said...

The title of your post had me in stitches even before I could scroll down to see this fab card, Gail! I love your dancing images (but, then, you already know that!) who easily convey the joy of the season! Beautifully choreographed, my friend!

Corrie Herriman said...

Love this card ! the ladies look wonderful in their Christmas tutus !
Corrie x

Sandy said...

You have me laughing with this delightful card. At least these ladies can jump off the ground! Not sure I could!!
Merry Christmas!!
Sandy

Hazel said...

Wonderful fun - thanks for entering both of my CHNC challenges - hope to see you again soon. x

Sally H said...

What a hilarious card! Thanks for joining us at stamping sensations this month and good luck!

Anonymous said...

This is so much fun!!! Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! - Ashli :)

Sylvia said...

Love those ladies, fabulous card.

Sylv xx