Saturday 14 December 2013

Splish Splash Splosh

Hello.  Welcome.  Hope you have been having a lucky day.  I'm dancing.  And hopping.  Hops everywhere.  Hoping to be lucky, or at least inspired.  Isn't blogland great. 

The final 12 Days of Christmas challenge over at Swirlydoos was a giant tag.  OK, I can tag. 


I started by cutting my 20 x 10 tag from Basic Grey Jovial.  I bought this because it was such a lovely bright colour and I thought it would make great summer projects, until I noticed it had 'I saw three ships come sailing....' printed all over!  Ah well, maybe no one will notice.  Or I can just use it for a Christmas project.  My second layer is Do-crafts Chronology paper.  I inked round both layers with chalk ink.


I've used a Basic Grey chipboard bauble.  I covered it in crinkled tissue paper and painted it with gesso.  I added the gesso quite thick at the top to give it a snowy texture.  Then I sprayed it with Smooch Spritz Log Cabin.  Oops, that's a bit darker than I was expecting.  Lighten up, lighten up, lighten up.  Well, maybe a little bit and ooh sparkly bits.  I added some stickers for a bit of bling.  You all know by now that's Merry Christmas in Norwegian don't you..........



I added some lace behind the bauble and some fancy fibers from the bauble to the top and then added some more for the tie.  There's a lovely little star from Storyteller there as well, peeking out of the fluff.    

My giant tag joining the fun at


Swirlydoos 12 Days of Christmas - Day 12
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Tissue
Storyteller Utfordring 6 - Jul Eller Nyttår
Basic Grey Challenges 109 - Happy Christmas

Thanks for dropping by.  Hope your Christmas preparations are coming along nicely.  Take care, be crafty.......

4 comments:

Kay Wallace said...

You certainly *can* tag, Gail, and this proves it! Love how you mingle all kinds of ribbon and twine for the top! Sweet!

Michelle said...

Love how you used the tissue. Your tag is very pretty. Thank you for joining us this week for the Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge! ~Michelle

Titbelsoeur, mixed-media addict said...

HI Gail, your tag is really gorgeous ! and your box below is as well !!
xxx

Etsuko said...

Gorgeous Tag. Bauble's texture has great effected.
I love it.

Etsuko xx