Thursday 12 December 2013

It's Magic

Hello.  Welcome.  A special big and happy hello to Birgitta.  Welcome to my happy following.  I have been doing a little gardening today.  Not a lot, just a bit of tidying up.  A couple of the chickens snuck past me when I went in the pen this afternoon.  Then the rest were complaining because those few were out so I let them all out.  They went charging round the garden scratching up leaves and soil and generally having a great time.  Not much for them to destroy at this time of year.  All the snow of a few days ago has melted in our unseasonable weather.  10°C today.  Hey double figures, that's summer temperatures here in Norway.  Very strange.......  Getting dark early though so still time to come in and do a little crafting.  

Todays challenge at Swirlydoos was to make a magic gift box.  Now I think this was a significant project to tackle with the short deadline involved but after looking at the video I thought I'd give it a go.  I've never made one of these and although it did take some time it wasn't as much as I thought it would take. 



The link above gives the a link to the how to video.  For my trays I used Do-crafts Chronology papers.  For my box sides I used a double sided poinsettia paper from my stash.  The image on the inside flap is from LOTV Winter Wonderland  art pad.  


Here's my closed box.  The lid was also made from the Chronology paper.  I used some green satin ribbon for my bow, some white and silver cord with felt snowflakes.  Some silver beads and pearls.  I have edged all the papers with chalk ink.  


Here's a close up of the LOTV image.  I grounded her with some iridescent glitter glue but it doesn't show much in the photo.  


Open with the lid and the pretty dangles. 

My Magic Gift Box is joining the fun at
Swirlydoos
LOTV - Anything But a Card 
Hjerteboden Utfordring 12 - Jul Alt Annet Enn Kort 
That Craft Place Challenge - Christmas 
Papertake Weekly - Christmas Creatures 

Thanks for dropping by.  Hope to be back soon with more crafty fun.

7 comments:

Shell said...

Gorjuss, thanks for joining us at That Craft Place, Shell xx

Kay Wallace said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Gail, and what a bit of fun it would be to fill those wee boxes! My hat is off to you on this one!

Sandy said...

WOW!!! This is magic - I am going to have to watch the video!!
Happy Holidays
sandy

rachel said...

Wonderful idea - a box of boxes - really fabulous!!!! Thanks for joining us at That Craft Place and good luck x

Bente said...

Wonderful card, thanks for joining us at Hjerteboden.
Hugs, Bente

Janne said...

WOW, beautiful box! Thanks for playing along with us at Hjerteboden♥ Hug, Janne

Erica said...

Hi Gail,

Such a gorgeous magic box! I love the wonderful bright colours and the dangles on the lid are so cute!

Thanks for joining our LOTV 'Anything But a Card' Challenge!

Good Luck!

Hugs

Erica x