Tuesday 3 December 2013

It's a Gift Card

Hello and welcome again.  You know last month there were a few sites that were taking a break until the New Year and I thought it would be a bit quieter on the challenge front.  Oh yeah, right.  Instead it's hopping, shopping and blogging like crazy.  And that's just online LOL.  Still got the real life things to fit in as well.  I'm having a blast........

I made a tea light card.  I had never even heard of such a thing until this morning but I hopped over to Swirlydoos and that was their challenge for today, along with red/green, a doily and a bird. 



I quite enjoy these little recipes.  They make life interesting.  I used MME 29th Street double sided card for my base card.  I scored and folded as per the diagram on the Swirldoos post.  I chose some doublesided 12 x 12 papers from my stash, maker unknown.  I tore a base layer and distresssed the edges.  I cut a doily using Cheery Lynn (CLD) Celtic Fire die, a snowflake using CLD Snowflake 2 and some flourishes using CLD Celtic Oval Frame die.  The ponsettia was fussy cut from one of the patterned papers.  The metal flower and bird are from Korthobby and I used a pretty brad.  I also set some of the torn paper around the tea light box aperture and an red organza ribbon.  



A bit of a closer view.  The doily and the layer beneath are the same but I added some DI Pine Needles and Mowed Lawn to the doily to give a bit more contrast.  

So there it is, my first tea light card.  This was fun and it's a great idea for when you want to give a little bit more than a card.  I was glad I had some red tea lights and they are fragrant as well so it looks and smells good.  

Joining the fun at
Swirlydoos 12 Days of Christmas - Day 3 
Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge 109 - Tis the Season 
Korthobby Desember Utfordringen - Alt er Lov Bare Det Er Jul 
Papirdokkene Utfordring 54 - Dies
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - With a Flourish 
Crafty Ribbons Challenge 72 - Anything Goes with Ribbon

Thanks for dropping by.  I hope all your preparations for Christmas are going well.  If you have decided to opt out then well done to you.  

11 comments:

I'm a Little Teapot said...

Great gift idea! And I love how you used the ribbon to tie it together! It looks beautiful!

Have a wonderful day!

Karen said...

I love how you tied the ribbon on the side...and the design is just amazing! This is a truly gorgeous card!! Thanks for playing in this week's Cheery Lynn Designs challenge! -Karen

Stamping With Bibiana said...

very nice gift and card, so useful...love the colors and the doily is a nice touch
hugs bibiana

Titbelsoeur, mixed-media addict said...

Hi Gail, this is such a lovely card !

Anke said...

lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ribbons. Good luck
hugs Anke

Kay Wallace said...

This is not only a gift card, it is a piece of art! Nicely played, Gail!

Kjersti Gabrielsen said...

Sprekt :)
Takk for at du deltar i utfordringen "ALT ER LOV, BARE DET ER JUL" hos Korthobby.no

DT-Kjersti

shulsart said...

Iona, what a lovely card, so very festive. Great choice of layering the snowflake onto the doily! Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs.

Laura said...

Gorgeous colours
Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ribbons Challenges
Laura

Susan Longman said...

Iona, gorgeous and so very festive. Great layering the snowflake onto the doily! Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs.- Susan

Suzanne C said...

What a beautiful Tea Light card. The festive holiday colors are charming and your card is lovely. Thanks for joining us this week at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.