Sunday 29 December 2013

If You Want to Change Something in Your Life, You Have to Change Something in Your LIfe

Hello.  Welcome.  A bit early for philosophy?  Maybe.  The imminent New Year causes us to reflect on things past and things to come.  What do I want, where do I want to be.  Maybe I'm lucky and am where I want and should be.  Definately worth taking a little time to consider.  

Playing along with Jo Myhill again over at PaperArtsy.  Loved all of her projects this week.  Not time to do all but thought I try some elements from her first post 



I started stamping various images from PA Asian 2 plate onto tissue then stuck it to my base kraft card.  Too white.....



Some DI Vintage Photo and we are good to go.  Looking very distressed.  May have to stick it under a heavy book.  



I made my center panel with ripped card, an old bit of book (Legends of the Norsk Gods) and a stamp from LPC003



I haven't got moths so I went with the dragonfly again cut from three layers of card.  I used a stamp from LPC001 and clear UTEE



Man card!  Excellent.  Just in time for a spring birthday of one of my nearest and dearest.  Can't say too much, you never know who might drop by!!  I only used 4 colours on this project, DI Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain and VersaMagic Gingerbread and Jumbo Java. 

Joining the fun at
PaperArtsy
Stampotique Designers Challenge 128 - Anything Goes
The Artistic Stamper Creative Team December Challenge - Anything Goes
WOW Embossing Powder Challenge - Family a card for my sibling
Bunny Zoe's Crafts- Our Last Challenge of 2013 Wings 
That Craft Place - The Last Challenge for 2013 Anything Goes 
Loves Rubberstamps Challenge 83 - Holiday Blitz Anything Goes 

Thanks for dropping by.  Have a great Sunday

9 comments:

Sarah B said...

great idea for a man's card -always the hardest!

Helen said...

Well done, I love your version of Jo's technique.

Jo said...

Love the gingery spicy colours on this really warm. The tissue beach round looks great with the Asian inspired stamps. Jo xx

Darcy Marshall said...

Very nice, you did a great job of making this your own, and yes totally perfect as a man card.

jonim52 said...

Wow, what a striking card. Thanks for sharing at Loves Rubberstamps.

Kay Wallace said...

Layer upon layer of yummy masculine goodness, Gail! Just love it! And, being me, I love your post title! ;-)

Stacey said...

Great card! Thanks for joining us at That Craft Place xx Stacey(DT)

Lizzy said...

It does make you think hard about life..... But not about your project, it's beautiful! Thanks for joining in at That Craft Place x x

Shanna Shands said...

Great tutorial. Thanks for joining LRS.