Wednesday 4 December 2013

Howl Along If You Know The Words

Hello and Welcome.  This evening I seriously thought about skipping dinner and go straight to dessert.  Something warm, sweet and stodgy.  It's been cold, wet and wild today with occasional hail.  Yukky!  I'm gong to hibernate.  Found a good place.  I getting cosy in the craft room.  Yeah!!  It's the place to be.  

So I checked out Swirlydoos and todays challenge is alter chipboard with at least three products.  Then I checked out last nights PaperArtsy post and Alison was making chipboard baubles.  Perfect inspiration.  I remembered to take photos!


I started with Basic Grey Undressed Chipboard Holiday Ornaments
I picked a small round bauble

I embossed some PaperArtsy crunchy wax paper with Sizzix Patchwork embossing folder



I added a layer of the embossed wax paper to the bauble and painted it white.  I brushed on the paint and then kept brushing it until it started to dry.  At this point you start to lift paint from the raised areas giving a nice contrast.  


I added some very watered down Fresco Finish Inky Pool around the edge, then some not so dilute to add contrast



Then I spritzed with Tsukineko Shimmer Spritz Sparkle.  Ooh, pretty



To finish I added a image from LOTV Winter Wonderland art pad.  I gave her a sparky pom pom and some fancy threads for a tie.

My bauble joining the fun at
Swirlydoos 12 Days of Christmas - Day 4
PaperArtsy
LOTV - Anything But a Card
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Make Your Own Background
Hjerteboden Utfordring 12 - Jul Alt Annet Enn Kort 
Basic Grey Challenges - 109 Happy Christmas 
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes 

Thanks for dropping by.   Hope you are in the holiday spirit and crafting away. 

12 comments:

Darcy Marshall said...

looks great, love all the texture in the background, contrasts really well with the focal image.

Julie Lee said...

Really pretty baubles, very shimmery. Julie Ann xx

Kay Wallace said...

I love the embossing, Gail! It adds so much interest and texture to the background...yet does not overpower your images. Beautifully colored!

Words and Pictures said...

I love your altered bauble, Gail - fabulous dimensional trick with the shading, and the added image is adorable (especially the pom pom!). Thanks so much for playing along this month at PaperArtsy, and all those other times too! It's been great having you along for the ride.
Alison x

Etsuko said...

It's a lovely bauble, Colours are beautiful.
Etsuko xx

Craftyfield said...

The texture given by the embossing is great, love the shimmer too.

Helen said...

what a great bauble!

Anonymous said...

Fun, fun, fun :) I invite you to join the Arts & Crafts Challenge here: http://pinandtack.wordpress.com/2013/12/01/craft-it-up-with-pin-tack-arts-crafts-challenge-1/

Be creative and support the pigs!

Happiness,
Corrinne Q

Emily Leiphart said...

Beautiful background for your ornament, Gail! The final result is stunning. Thanks so much for playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

Lucy Edmondson said...

This is great, Gail, I love your choice of bauble to decorate and the wonderful paint effects and the embossed waxy paper - haven't tried this yet!

Lucy x

Camilla said...

A beautiful bauble! Thank you for showing the step by step.
Thank you for joining our challenge at Hjerteboden<3
Hugs, Camilla

Anne said...

Fabulous project Gail, what a great way to add an embossed effect.

Thanks for entering our 'anything but a card' challenge - good luck!

Anne x