Sunday 22 December 2013

Hearts Come Home For Christmas

Hello.  Welcome.  The wild weather kept me awake last night.  It seems to be following a pattern.  Grey and yuk during the day then the wind picks up in the evening by the early hours it's howling and the rain is hammering on the windows like it wants to come in for a coffee and a piece of cake.  Now I'm all for coffee and cake but really, trying to sleep here!

Over at PaperArtsy Liz has been wowing us all week and I wanted to have a go at the decorated book and then Leandra threw in the most gorgeous mixed media heart project.  Gosh and wow.  That's just what I need.  I can decorate some hearts. 


I started with a couple of wooden hearts


I started adding some chipboard wings and metal bits from Korthobby and also some bits I got in my PaperArtsy monster box this year.  I filled the metal circle with texture paste and added a butterfly that broke off a metal bookmark.  You know one of those all pretty colours and very glossy.  Not sure if it will take the paint....  Oops, photographer forgot to take photos here.  I painted it all white and tried a little stamping. Then I went a little mad.........


Yesterday I was having a tidy, hurrah, and found my Renaissance Liquid Leaf, another monster box goody, so I thought I'd give it a go.  Wow.  There's a few more things on these photo's.  The butterfly is in place, a Tando heart, some buttons.


Close up of the small heart.  I really like this one.  Festive. 


I need to change a few things as well I think.  The string has to be coloured.  It worked fine when I was planning a shabby white colour scheme but now it looks a bit poor relative.  Can I use Liquid Leaf on cotton?  Also I had prepared this bottle cap with a stamp from LPC001 and then filled in with glossy accents.  Since I had a sudden colour change I didn't have time to do a new one.  I think I need to re-do colouring the bottle cap with the liquid leaf and maybe stamping my lady in gold/copper/bronze.  Don't know if I have bronze ink.  Does it exist?


So that's my attempt at some mixed media with hearts.  Very difficult to get an angle on the photo where there isn't glare from something.  I haven't cropped or altered the colours because then I lost that precious effect of the Liquid Leaf.  Glad I tried it.  Will definitely be using it again. 

Off to join the fun at
PaperArtsy
That Craft Place Challenge - The Last Challenge for 2013
Bunny Zoe's Crafts - Our Last Challenge of 2013 Wings
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Bling it on
Tando Creative Challenges - Christmas Time Let's Sparkle

Thanks for dropping by.  Hope you are managing to relax on this last Sunday before Christmas.  Take care.  Glad you found time to visit.

13 comments:

Sarah B said...

very Christmassy - I love all the different bit & bobs you've used x

laury55 said...

your decorations turned out lovely

Darcy Marshall said...

oo so many lovely bits on there, I love the deep rich shine. Looks very luxurious.

Corrie Herriman said...

These turned out wonderfully ! Love them !
Corrie x

Sylvia said...

Beautiful hearts, great embellishments and colour. Best wishes for a wonderful Christmas and New Year.

Sylv xx

Etsuko said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
Gorgeous hearts,fab embellishments and idea.
I love your projects.

Etsuko xx

Stamping With Bibiana said...

merry christmas, wishing the best for this holiday season
bibiana

Unknown said...

Wow lovely! Thanks for joining us at That Craft Place for this challenge

Lisa Winnard - TheCraftarageStudio said...

Gorgeous! Thanks for playing along this week @ That Craft Place.
Lisa x

Kay Wallace said...

Two pretty simple wooden hearts, magically turned into two beautiful pieces of art! You rock, Gail!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous altered art !! this is amazing and so beautiful :-)

Wishing you a Very Happy New Year and thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
luv
Lols x x x

Cocofolies said...

Wow, this is very beautiful Iona, love how you used your liquid leaf and some bits to alter these two plain wooden hearts, the result is gorgeous and very festive indeed!!! Wisihing you an happy and creative New Year too by the way. :) Thanks so much for sharing this piece with us on Tando's challenges blog! Coco x

Carol Plume said...

its great just having a play and seeing where you go isn't it…great looking hearts - thank you for sharing at Tando Creative.