Sunday 8 December 2013

Heads Up!!

Hello and Welcome.  I think I am getting Christmas Burn-out.  Yesterday was sooooo cold and snowy.  I just couldn't get my head round anything.  Even the Swirlydoos challenge didn't inspire.  I decided to take a day off.  Did a bit of tidying in the craft room.  Can't say I made a big dent LOL but we try.  Feeling much more inspired today.  I decided to have another go at backgrounds inspired by Alison over at PaperArtsy. 

I was really pleased with the bauble I made using embossed crunchy wax paper and decided to try some different patterns and mediums.


I started using Sizzix Diamond Plate embossing folder and decided to try some silk paints.  I don't know, it just seemed like a good idea.  I painted the embossed cwp white then added the silk paints then a spritz of copper shimmer spritz.  Interesting.  I decided maybe I needed a more random pattern.

This is Sizzix Cirque.  Love this one.  Embossed cwp and white.  I dry brushed the white back to give contrast with the brown of the cwp.

Added Inky Pool and sparkle shimmer spritz.  That's more like it.   I am going to try out some more combos.

Oops, on its way to becoming more than a background my beautiful cirque panel had a bit of an accident.  Not irredeemable but.....  So here's a birthday card made with the silk paint background.  I split the background and matted it on black card.  The boy is from PaperArtsy Kids Plate 3 stamp set.  His party hat is from LPC003.  The Gratulerer (Congratulations) is a Kort og Godt stamp cut out using a Sizzix die.  In case you are wondering the mottled effect of his shirt is because I used hammer textured card. There's even a bit of the copper spritz showing along the bottom edges of the panels. 

My backgrounds are joining the fun at
PaperArtsy
Emergency Crafters Challenge December - Anything But Xmas
Stampotique Designers Challenge128 - Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Make Your Own Background

Thanks for dropping by.  If you are a PA stamp fan you might be interested to know there is an advent sale on Lynne Perrella and others over at Country View Crafts.  Only today.  Grab em quick........

12 comments:

Craftyfield said...

LPC??? I give up, what is it ?
Your background textures are lovely, the shimmer is definitely a good idea.

Etsuko said...

Background is gorgeous. Idea is fab. I can't wait next stage. xx

Darcy Marshall said...

Fabulous textures, definately a great background.

Words and Pictures said...

Yummy textured background - and I agree the Cirque looks amazing with your white and turquoise shimmer (reminds me of some modern artist whose name escapes me at present). Fab final triptych card. Thanks so much for joining in again over at PaperArtsy!
Alison x

Etsuko said...

So you done! Beautiful birthday card. I like cute hat.
Etsuko xx

Kay Wallace said...

Love that diamond embossing pattern, Gail, so glad you decided to use that for the birthday card, which I really like. Very clever to cute your background into thirds and mat with black...striking! Cute boy stamp, too!

Kaz said...

Fab background on your lovely card. Thanks for joining us again at Stampotique this week.

Sue said...

Love it Gail, beautiful shimmery colours. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Stampotique. Sue xx

cheiron said...

Such a fab background and great fun image. Thanks for playing along witht the Make Your Own Background Challenge this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

*Arwen* said...

This background is brilliant!
Great work

XX Arwen

Anonymous said...

Love the background and your whole card! Thank you for joining the Stampotique DC

MyCraftWorld said...

Hi Iona, lovely card! The back ground is brilliant. Thank you for joining us at Emergency Crafters ~Lucy x