Sunday 15 December 2013

Hat Trick

Hello.  Welcome.  I have been thinking on this since seeing Jo's post over at PaperArtsy this week and then this morning I woke up and it was all in my head.  Why didn't I just go straight to The Hat in LPC003!  So I fed the rabbits and chickens and then noticed one of my hens was limping quite badly.  Badly enough she let me catch her.  OK, vetting comes before craft.  So now I'm right on the line again for the PaperArtsy challenge.  Nothing unusual there then....


I stamped the hat from LPC003 a few times on white card.  Then I coloured in a few til I was happy with my colour combos.  Quite a few!


I masked a card and sponged on Colour Box chalk Peach Pastel and then stamped a flourish from Crafty Individuals in VersaMagic Tea Leaves.  I wanted a pale background so my hats stood out.  Then I started arranging my hats and it just wasn't right until.....


Yep, flower pots.  Who would have thought!!  Cute eh?  I added a lilac paper flower to each.  The hats/pots are coloured with Sharpies with a little Wink of Stella in there as well.  You are right Kay, must get the clear.  My hats were inspired by Jo's elf. No really they were.

Joining the fun at
PaperArtsy
Stampotique Designers Challenge 128 - Week 2 of Anything Goes
The Artistic Stamper Creative Team Challenge - Anything Goes
Stamping Sensations December Challenge - Free and Easy

The sun is shining here so I'm off to play in the garden.  Have a great Sunday and thanks for dropping by.

11 comments:

Craftyfield said...

Fun use of the hats!

Darcy Marshall said...

ohhhh this is so cool, I love it when people use stamps in unsdual ways.

Etsuko said...

Fabulous card. Pretty hats.

joanne wardle said...

lol! very cool

Kay Wallace said...

I guess sometimes it's just about how you look at something, and I like looking at these hats as flower pots! Pure genius, Gail! That's thinking outside of the proverbial box! Ha!

Words and Pictures said...

Very cute! Love your hat vases, so clever, and such fun. Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Artistic Stamper.
Alison x

Sue said...

Brilliant card Gail, well done you for even thinking of this. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Stampotique. Sue xx

Kaz said...

Cute idea for vases! Thanks for joining us again at Stampotique.

brenda said...

So very unusual and eye catching, thanks so much for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

*Arwen* said...

Great idea - looks so funny :)

xx Arwen

Sylvia said...

Love the flowerpot hats, great idea.

Sylv xx