Thursday 26 December 2013

Groovy Fantasy

Hello.  Welcome.  Well, that was Christmas!  Hope you had a good one.  Hope you are relaxed, recharged, restocked and have survived all food and snacks and cheer.  Were you lucky?  Did they listen when you asked for pretty papers, packs of cards, dies, ribbons, buttons and bells?  Or did you get socks?

Actually I did get socks.  Some very nice socks.  Christmas socks to go on joyful happy feet.  After all they are very useful.  But so are dies and papers.  Hee hee, I got some of those as well!  Happy dancing in Christmas socks.  I did cover my bets by ordering my own and they arrived Christmas eve.  Oh, happy day.    Build a flower dies from Cheery Lynn and as usual they are better than I was expecting.  My Big Shot hasn't ever been used so much.  I have been cutting petals, sepals, anthers, leaves in colours too many to mention.   I started slowly but now I have a myriad of strange and wonderful flowers.


I know, very groovy flowers.  I got a bit carried away trying out colour variations but this is for a friend who is having a bit of a hard time so I hope these bright crazy colours will bring a smile.  I used a steel blue base card and added a layer of Bazzill dots Grape Jelly.  I scrunched some burgundy tissue paper across the middle of the card to give texture and interest.  The flowers were cut from Basic Grey Nook and Pantry Rolling Pin paper using Cheery Lynn Build a Flower 1 dies.  I liked the crazy dots.  I used purple construction paper for the centres and mini silver brads.  The flourishes are cut using Sizzix Flowers and Vine #3 and the sentiment is an Art Impressions stamp.  


Hoping to bring a smile with my groovy happy flowers.  Joining the fun at

Thanks for dropping by.  Looking forward to seeing all your inspiring projects with your new goodies.  Take care, have fun, craft on.  Soon the New Year.......

10 comments:

NGCARDS said...

Such a sweet image and a wonderful card! Thanks for playing at PTW and I hope you had a lovely Christmas! xxx

Hazel said...

Thanks for sharing your beautiful card for Crafting Musketeers 'layer it up' challenge, Hazel, DT Crafting Musketeers x

Kay Wallace said...

Wow, Gail! Absolutely love the combination of serious art and that funky quote! It just takes one by surprise!

Fran said...

Beautiful, thank you for joining us over at the Crafting Musketeers, Fran (DT) xxx

Amy Voorthuis said...

OMG I really love this card it's so colourful....I'm just a sucker for purple and I love the text on the card it's so true....and also a little funny! Your flowers are amazing I need to have that die too ;-)! Thank you so much for playing with us this week at Cheery Lynn Designs and good luck xox Amy

shulsart said...

Iona, I love the bright and happy colors on this card. It will for certain put a smile on your friends face. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

Irina Gerschuk said...

OMG, it's fabulous!!! Such stunning colors! And love all the details)))
Thank you for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs!

Nicola Jayne Saul said...

Beautiful and love the colours. Thanks for joining us at the Crafting Musketeers challenge, Nicola X

Unknown said...

what a funky card - well lush colours - Thanks so much for playing along with our challenge at that craft place xx

Kay Dalton said...

Very pretty thanks for joining us at that craft place challenge x