Saturday 14 December 2013

Gone Fishin'

Hello.  Welcome.  I have really enjoyed making a selection of gift boxes the last few weeks.  Fun and useful art.  I loved the magic gift box and the easy folding technique for the lid and trays and wondered how big a box a 12 x 12 paper would make.  I'm bad with numbers so in the end I decided to fold one.  Then I was going to decorate it but along the way I got distracted, remembering I needed a birthday card,  so the gift box remains on half.  Instead tonights offering is a card for my nephew.  



Isn't that image adorable?  I found him on a sheet of paper from Do-crafts Wellington paper pack.  I have had these a while but only just had a proper look through.  These are lovely papers.  I wonder why they have been on my shelf so long!!  Must investigate other dusty areas of the stash.  Anyway,  I cut him out and ran a line of green glitter glue around the edge.  I did cut a frame from green glitter card but it wasn't right.  It does get used though......



I cut two Cheery Lynn Spring Flower Burst Doiles from Craft Creations green gold flower paper.  I know it looks very blue in the picture but it's the best I could do whilst keeping everything else close.  I mounted the image on one doily and cut the other one down so I had that nice shape from the center.  I cut an angel wing for the doily and a free hand cut for the cut down doily shape from a sheet of red from the Wellington paper pack.  The happy birthday is a Crafty Individuals stamp.  I cut fancy shape and added some DI and VersaMark ink shading.  



There's that green glitter frame.  I cut it in half and arranged it behind the doily cuts.  I layered it all on Basic Grey Curio Victoria paper and then on a dark green card base.  

My card joining the fun at
Cheery Lynn Design Challenge 110 - Red and Green
Basic Grey Challenges - Anything Goes


Hope my nephew likes it.  Take care.  Thanks for dropping by. 

6 comments:

Rhonda Van Ginkel said...

Such a fun design! I love the doily cuts and your image is adorable!!! Thank you so much for joining us in the challenge at Cheery Lynn Designs this week!

shulsart said...

Oh, I am certain your nephew will love this, Iona. What an adorable image and a great card design. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

Amy Voorthuis said...

Aww how adorable! That bear is so cute I know for sure he will love to get this cute card from you!! The glitter is just a stunning touch....thank you so for playing with us this week a Cheery Lynn Designs and good luck xxx Amy ;-)

Anonymous said...

This is great!! Of course he will love this! Thank you for participating in Cheery Lynn’s challenge and good luck!

Elena said...

What a lovely card!
Thank you so much for visiting my blog and hopping with Lawnscaping blog!

Kay Wallace said...

Such a unique design and adorable teddy bear, Gail! He will absolutely L-O-V-E it!